Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

different states

I am haveing a lot of trouble planing everything, with the fact we live in FL and would love to have a beach ceremony. but the problem being my whole family lives in maine and his whole family is in Kanasa. his family dont think they can afford to travel and then same is with mine. I was thinking maybe a small ceremony in FL for just close family and us and then a reception in maine and one in kansas. I really just dont know how to make everyone happy.

Re: different states

• You can't make everyone happy. 

I am originally from IL, and my husband is from FL. We got married in TX, where we were living at the time. Most of his friends are in VA from when he lived here during his Navy days. His mom, brother, and sister were able to come, but not his dad or grandfather. My dad and grandfather and an aunt were there, but not my brother. Some of the VA friends came, some couldn't. Most of our guests were our TX friends. 

I just didn't have the energy to try and plan/coordinate multiple events in different states. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Hi! I'm from Maine, too! 

First, ditto PP- you're not going to make everyone happy. Plus, have you thought about how much money you're going to spend on 3 separate wedding events? I think that money would be better spent helping your VIPs pay to get to your one ceremony & reception location. Plus, no matter what the situation, I think 3 wedding events is very AW. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards