Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

colors with Brown

I've decided to move my wedding to Spring from Fall but I still really like brown and want to keep it.  My fiance is going to wear a camo tie and vest with his tux.  My question is I need a color to go with brown.  What would look good in Spring w/ brown?

Re: colors with Brown

• Options
    What about a green or blue (pretty typical I know), or turquoise/teal.  I don't know how well pink would factor with camo, but you could give it a try.

I think I like this brown & green inspiration board.  Google brown weddings, you'll get lots of hits.

www.glamourousgowns.co.uk/images/blog/greenbrownmood.jpg&usg=AFQjCNFCYWHwxQJ4C3dF_655K_iRMDiuyA" alt="" width="410" height="615" />
  • Options
    I agree - green would be very pretty. Especially teal or sage. I originally considered making my colors chocolate and teal.

You could also do pink, or peach. Or a nice blue.

If you want it to feel more spring-like, you can still use any color - the question is what shades to use. Brown is sort of a neutral, so you're pretty much set there.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    I love brown and light, icy blue.
  • Options

I think a pale yellow would look very pretty, and could be dressed up and elegant. Depending on your style.

Yellow and brown would be good for spring

• Options
    I vote for teal.  You can do really pretty soft pink flowers with that.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    A friend of mine did David's Bridal watermelon with camo.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_just-engaged-proposals_colors-brown?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:683Discussion:063fabb6-2a3e-4357-9fd6-1d43040c84b8Post:3d218fa7-767b-418c-b70b-b90921562be1">Re: colors with Brown</a>:
    [QUOTE]A friend of mine did David's Bridal watermelon with camo.
    Posted by mwhitson14[/QUOTE]

I refuse to think about the camo part of it. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • Options
    Do a pale canary yellow. It's a beautiful color with brown! Or a sage green! :) These colors are awesome. I'm biased (they are mine.)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 262 Invited image 38 Attending image 5 Declined image 219 Unknown
    RSVP Date August 1st
  • Options

Brown is one of my wedding colors.  I am getting married on the beach in Key West.  I choose sky blue with a punch of key lime to go with the brown.  The colors go really nice together. 

• Options
    we are having sage green and brown at our wedding......great combo :) another couple we know are doing tiffany blue and brown.....
  • Options
    Thank you for your opninions!  i think I'll take a few of the ideas, stick them together and see which we like best!!
  • Options
    Haha squirrly. I know.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • Options
    Light blue, green, pink, white, and orange all go with brown. :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards