California-San Diego

Need to find a venue that allows you to bring your own alcohol and reception end time at 12 am. Hel

I would like to have an outdoor wedding  in So. California but I'm looking for a venue where I can bring my own alcohol in order to save $ and stay in budget. The problem that I'm having is that most venues that do allow BYOB want the reception party to end by 10 pm! That's too early for my party people! I don't have any problem just having the ceremony outside and taking the party indoors just for the sake of the party ending later. I have researched many venues and can't find anything with these requirements of mine =( Please give me some suggestions.

Re: Need to find a venue that allows you to bring your own alcohol and reception end time at 12 am. Hel

• We were married at the Skybox at Diamond View Tower. You can bring in your own alcohol and the end time is by midnight. It's not a huge venue so depending on the size of your guest list you may need to have the ceremony somewhere else. It was awesome, though:

• Have you looked at Marina Village?  (link to their FAQ).  They have two lawns for ceremony use, and then a variety of rooms for reception use, depending on your budget and guest list size.

FI and I are using the Captain's Room for our reception, but our ceremony will be elsewhere.

Hope that helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

One thing to remember: The wedding is just one day. The marriage is all the rest of them.

April 2012 Siggy Challenge: Cake Inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-san-diego_need-to-find-a-venue-that-allows-you-to-bring-your-own-alcohol-and-reception-end-time-at-12-am-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:64Discussion:8c170630-d264-48ce-8e73-a3998b9d8d75Post:a20237b3-b7d4-4157-bdbc-1a613f114e92">Re: Need to find a venue that allows you to bring your own alcohol and reception end time at 12 am. Help!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you looked at Marina Village?  ( link to their FAQ ).  They have two lawns for ceremony use, and then a variety of rooms for reception use, depending on your budget and guest list size.  FI and I are using the Captain's Room for our reception, but our ceremony will be elsewhere. Hope that helps!
    Posted by Kamakanani[/QUOTE]

<div>Yup, Marina Village... we are having our ceremony at Sunset Cliffs (outdoors) and our reception in the Marine Room. They allow your actual event time to go until midnight and you can bring your own alcohol (which is exactly what we are doing).</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards