New Jersey - South
Options

October too cold for an outside wedding??

I'm going to have my wedding in October 2012 at thr Trump National Gold Course in Pine Hill, NJ. The outside place for the ceremony is great with beautiful views but will that be too cold in October?? 

Re: October too cold for an outside wedding??

• Options
    OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I don't think so.  As long as you mention an outside ceremony on your invite, guests will know how to dress accordingly.  October is one of those iffy months where we can have a hot day or cool fall one.  But as long as you alert people to the outside ceremony, it will be no big deal.

And the place is gorgeous! I hope you get a beautifully clear day for a view of the Philly skyline!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You picked a beautiful venue, my FI and I looked at Trump when we where still planning on a Fall wedding.October depending on the date may be alittle chilly but guests won't be outside to long for it to matter.
    Once in awhile,right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairy tale. Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    shannon1787shannon1787 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it is the beginning of the month it should be fine. The end of the month can get chilly - but like PP have said, if you let your guests know ahead of time that it is outside they can dress accordingly.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    nacooper25nacooper25 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everybody!!! You guys are great!
  • Options
    music11music11 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, we are having ours up in Northern NJ on the 13th.  We will be adding on the invites that an outside ceremony is planned for, so guests can dress appropriately.  Good luck!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• Options
    jeslmjeslm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definitely give people a heads up that it'll be outside.  October is iffy- it can be 40 degrees, it can be 80.  My cousin got married in November a few years ago and it was 75 and bright sun for her wedding.  Go figure.  But you should be ok.

And definitely make sure there's a backup plan, just in case it rains!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards