South Asian Weddings

Day of Coordinator

Hi Ladies,

I was  trying to make a timeline as to by when we should book vendors, etc for the wedding.  I want a DOC for all the events, if we can afford it, but definitely a must for the wedding day.  My question is how many months before the wedding did you start looking and hired one?  

Re: Day of Coordinator

• edited December 2011
    I think I got mine by 6 months out. Granted I just needed a DOC and not someone to help with everything. Also, I'm super planner I liked to get things out of the way.
  • britishmibritishmi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    At first we decided not to, but after my trip to Houston this April and talking to all the vendors, we decided to hire our decorator as our DOC as she has worked with all our vendors so we feel a bit more comfortable. So we hired her 4 months before the date.
  • HinajHinaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys!! 
  • edited December 2011
    We just hired ours a week ago.... 4 weeks out from our wedding). FI has been our "project manager" since December. I pointed out to him he can't manage the weekend, so he finally said ok, lol!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • bridetobeeebridetobeee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Originally, 6 months but she took our money and fled so we hired another one one month before and she was awesome!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards