Vermont

Rustic/Barn Setting in Southern Vermont

Hi all!  I am recently engaged and very early in the process of planning my wedding!  We're looking at Summer 2013 and would love to do something that begins outside in the afternoon and incorporates a barn setting and/or beautiful scenery. I'm thinking of it as a "fun but exciting and beautiful BBQ".  The kind of day that turns into a night filled with fireflies...!

If anyone has any ideas or experience with any interesting locations, please let me know!  We're still determining our budget but we're trying to keep costs as low as we can and we're open to any and all ideas!  I live in Wilmington, VT but most of my family is from Albany and the groom's family is either in Western NY, downstate, or travelnig far so I need to find somewhere where lodging is convenient.  I'm new to the area and any tips would be very much appreciated! 

Re: Rustic/Barn Setting in Southern Vermont

• Im having my wedding in wallingford, Vt fall of 2013 and we are having a very rustic wedding at the old wallingford boy scout camp on elfin lake its beautiful and affordable.  Plus depending on how long you rent it for you can do a camp out right there! 

• edited April 2012
    How about the Blue Dress Barn? It is very beautiful, and is located next to gorgeous farmland, and many weddings have been held there. They are gorgeous and rustic and i am planning on having mine there! Here are some amazing pictures:

• I'm getting married in 2013 in wallingford, vt at the White Rocks Inn. Beautiful rustic barn setting. Their website doesn't do it justice but you should check it out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_rusticbarn-setting-in-southern-vermont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:131Discussion:879ecb51-4810-4bef-a55d-0815f47a28a9Post:58155597-cab5-465e-9140-24da6755cab9">Re: Rustic/Barn Setting in Southern Vermont</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm getting married in 2013 in wallingford, vt at the White Rocks Inn. Beautiful rustic barn setting. Their website doesn't do it justice but you should check it out.
    Posted by sbauer527[/QUOTE]

how expensive is the white rocks inn? ive been trying to get in touch with them for a month. I am also getting married in 2013 (june) i have been looking at the round barn and the lang farm
  • Colonel Williams Inn on Rt 9 in Wilmington (or just outside?) has a rustic barn.  Otherwise the next closest are probably White Rocks Inn or West Mountain Inn.  There are also some barns in updstate NY. Cooper Hill Inn has great views if you want a tented wedding nearby.

In Response to <a href="http://blue.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_rusticbarn-setting-in-southern-vermont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:131Discussion:879ecb51-4810-4bef-a55d-0815f47a28a9Post:94d27b52-1993-465c-8cf4-a0d3812b2815">Rustic/Barn Setting in Southern Vermont</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi all!  I am recently engaged and very early in the process of planning my wedding!  We're looking at Summer 2013 and would love to do something that begins outside in the afternoon and incorporates a barn setting and/or beautiful scenery. I'm thinking of it as a "fun but exciting and beautiful BBQ".  The kind of day that turns into a night filled with fireflies...! If anyone has any ideas or experience with any interesting locations, please let me know!  We're still determining our budget but we're trying to keep costs as low as we can and we're open to any and all ideas!  I live in Wilmington, VT but most of my family is from Albany and the groom's family is either in Western NY, downstate, or travelnig far so I need to find somewhere where lodging is convenient.  I'm new to the area and any tips would be very much appreciated!   
    Posted by lsmcg[/QUOTE]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_rusticbarn-setting-in-southern-vermont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:131Discussion:879ecb51-4810-4bef-a55d-0815f47a28a9Post:ff8a5802-e91d-4ecd-b464-63d59e288652">Re: Rustic/Barn Setting in Southern Vermont</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rustic/Barn Setting in Southern Vermont : how expensive is the white rocks inn? ive been trying to get in touch with them for a month. I am also getting married in 2013 (june) i have been looking at the round barn and the lang farm
    Posted by tballard89[/QUOTE]

I'm getting married at the White Rocks Inn as well, it's a BEAUTIFUL place. Just call Leigh she is wonderful and extremely helpful!
    Vtbride2013
  • JuderTJuderT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Scott Farm in Dummerston (20-30 min from Wilmington) is rustic and beautiful. You can get married in the apple orchard and then have your reception in the apple packing barn.  It's owned by Landmark Trust.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_vermont_rusticbarn-setting-in-southern-vermont?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:131Discussion:879ecb51-4810-4bef-a55d-0815f47a28a9Post:94d27b52-1993-465c-8cf4-a0d3812b2815">Rustic/Barn Setting in Southern Vermont</a>:
    [QUOTE] We're looking at Summer 2013 and would love to do something that begins outside in the afternoon and incorporates a barn setting and/or beautiful scenery... I live in Wilmington, VT... I'm new to the area and any tips would be very much appreciated!   
    Posted by lsmcg[/QUOTE]

<div>So my first wedding I had at the Old Red Mill Inn right in Wilmington. We did the whole ceremony there with the windows behind us overlooking the water but there's also the docks up there where we went for pics. </div><div>It was really beautiful and tasteful but also really cozy and just our style (and fit our budget really well!!!) </div><div>I don't know how they're looking after Irene but I'd definitely check it out. </div><div>Good luck! Message me if you need any other Southern VT help!</div>
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards