Hawaii
Options

So, how long did it take to get your marriage cert?

Just curious for married ladies, how long did it take to get the marriage certificate after your wedding? I have read previous responses, which seem to vary. I think some people have found that when they requested copies, those came faster. Any recently married ladies have any tips? I suppose it doesn't really matter all that much, I am just wondering how to plan things. I will be legally moving to another state, getting a new drivers license, taking certification exam for nurse practitioner, and apply for state licensure all around the same time as I will be changing my name. Hope its not all too terribly confusing.

Thanks in advance! :)

imageAnniversary

Re: So, how long did it take to get your marriage cert?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We mailed the green slip in after our honeymoon & got the certificate 3 weeks later. We also ended up getting a certificate about 6 weeks after the wedding- not sure we were supposed to get 2 but we'll take it!
  • Options
    BeardGonsalezBeardGonsalez member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married on September 21 and have not received ours and we even paid extra to expedite.
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    I mailed the green form three weeks ago today and still nothing. Thursday will be one month since the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think ours came in about a month?  I don't remember for sure.
  • Options
    BeardGonsalezBeardGonsalez member
    edited December 2011
    It's been almost 2 months for us and still nothing, that scares me, are we even married!?
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    edited December 2011

I didn't send in the request until about 3 weeks after our wedding and I got our certificate about 3 weeks after that.   A week later I got my regular.  If you order one expedited you will still get your license at your regular time as well.  So, I have 3 certificates now.  I'd rather have too many than too little!

Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    moonbunniemoonbunnie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is the green slip what you turn in for an expedited copy? Do you get that when you pay for the marriage license?
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We didn't get an expedited one, and it took about 7 weeks I think.
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_long-did-marriage-cert?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:ab767545-ccca-4fcd-970d-e09d64b63a8ePost:0fe9860b-3f63-4460-a963-421415e6c728">Re: So, how long did it take to get your marriage cert?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's been almost 2 months for us and still nothing, that scares me, are we even married!?
    Posted by BeardGonsalez[/QUOTE]

<div>This just about sums up how I'm feeling. I know I'll get it but I do worry. Just like I worried when we got there that I had given all of our money to someone who had no intention of planning a wedding for us and we'd get there and have to figure something out on the fly.</div><div>
    </div><div>Of course the wedding came together, so I'm sure this will come too.</div>
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It took between 6-8 weeks, and we didn't request it to be expedited.
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    edited December 2011
    Moonbunnie - Yes, the green slip will come with your marriage license to order and expedited copy, but you can also print a copy of it off of the State of Hawaii's Vital Records website if you lost it. 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Married in June. Submitted our expedite form beginning of July, then got copies at the end of August.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got mine yesterday! So we didn't expedite it and we got married September 17th. So almost two months for us.
  • Options
    madstaylormadstaylor member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours took about 2 months to get, but they said it could take up to 4.
  • Options
    destiny1108destiny1108 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    for us it took about a month, but our WC did say it takes longer during the peak wedding season as there are more for them to do
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards