Massachusetts-Boston

MUSIC - Wedding Bands

Any REALLY good band recommendations? 

Re: MUSIC - Wedding Bands

• I didn't use them, but I've heard that the Lisa Love Experience is amazing.  I looked into hiring them and they were over $3,000. 

What's your budget?
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • brugginkbruggink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got a miliion band recommednations, and we settled on Hip Pocket Orchestra, but the below bands came up over and over again from wedding coordinators at the nicest hotels/venues:

Soho
    Night Shift
    Eye to Eye
    Beantown (though a few coordinators said they could be difficult to work with)
    Kahootz
    Catch 22
    Hip Pocket Orchestra

Hope that helps! I don't know exactly what they cost, but I think most of them are between $7,000-10,000 for four hours.
  • brugginkbruggink member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    *Oh, and b/c we just decided on a band yesterday, I know that these bands are still available on your wedding date :) They're all from Music Management in Cambridge.

September 1st:
    Hip Pocket Orchestra
    Joey Scott and the Connection
    K2
    Stardust
    Sultans of Swing

Sultans of Swing and Joey Scott get great recs, too!
  • K2 and Kahootz are both great (under common management)--we are using K2, and it's going to be great!  Have seen them multiple times before.
  • We used Legit for our wedding last year and booked them directly through the band versus using a management company, they were awesome - their website does not do them justice!

Check them out: http://legitband.com/
  • We had Kahootz for our reception this past June and they did an awesome job!  Can't recommend them enough!
    Anniversary
  • We are using Flipside! They are under Murray hill talent.
  • 747 Orchestra! We used them for our wedding and they are beyond AMAZING. We were married in Ct. and they are out of NY but travel all over. My friend recently booked them and told me they were added to the Grace Ormonde platinum list of vendors, which I understand, is quite exclusive.

• edited January 2012
    we're using Brick Park.... and very excited about it. 
  • We're using BrickPark as well! We went to see them live and were very impressed. Hope that helps.

• does anyone know how to contact catch 22? their websites all seem to be down. they are still operating as a band, right?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_music-wedding-bands?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:9f31eb59-5769-414b-a77c-d5cab7523733Post:b355bcbc-83f8-485e-9e8c-71cb079fc1ff">Re: MUSIC - Wedding Bands</a>:
    [QUOTE]does anyone know how to contact catch 22? their websites all seem to be down. they are still operating as a band, right?
    Posted by Guin86[/QUOTE]

I was the bandleader of Catch 22.  Our manager went out of business and it was messy.  We had to close the site and finish the dates under our other band's name, Joey Scott and the Connection.  You can see us at <a href="http://www.joeyscott.com" rel="nofollow">www.joeyscott.com</a>
    Sorry for any confusion,
    Joey
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards