Not Engaged Yet
Options

NEY MD

I woke up yesterday and my eyelid was slightly swollen (not very noticeable at all) and really sore. That persisted all day. I woke up this morning and it is three times the size it was yesterday and even more sore. My eye is watering a lot, but it is just tears, nothing gross like with pink eye. It doesn't itch at all. Anyone know what this could be from? BF says he won't speak to me if I don't go to the doctor, but I HATE going to the doctor for things like this.

Re: NEY MD

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've had my fair share of eye issues, but I'd recommend going to a doctor. It might not be an infection, but I wouldn't mess around with my eyes. Only a doctor can help if it is an infection. Sorry, I'm on your BF's side :P
  • Options
    IrishDreamerIrishDreamer member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Csousa,
    As much as I HATE saying this... Especially since I Despise, loathe and all around DETEST going to the doctors....I think you need to go get it checked out... My eyes are one thing I don't mess around with..  :( I know you hate going to the doctor for things like this...trust me... but, it would probably be smart.

*hugs* I hope you feel better!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like a stye on the inside of your eyelid... use a clean wash cloth and soak in hot water. Hold this closely to your eye every couple of hours. Make an appt with a Dr, you probably need antibiotics.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    Ollie08Ollie08 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-md?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c9bc2385-795b-4a8e-a47e-9a6b25d9bd8bPost:1615c99a-e54a-4177-931c-fa7d35bdadc1">Re: NEY MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've had my fair share of eye issues, but I'd recommend going to a doctor. It might not be an infection, but I wouldn't mess around with my eyes. Only a doctor can help if it is an infection. Sorry, I'm on your BF's side :P
    Posted by SilverLining1[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of this. There are a few things I won't mess around with, and my eyes are one of them. Go to the Dr.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-md?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:c9bc2385-795b-4a8e-a47e-9a6b25d9bd8bPost:01c13327-5999-469d-bf6f-1dabd92fcf0f">Re: NEY MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds like a stye on the inside of your eyelid... use a clean wash cloth and soak in hot water. Hold this closely to your eye every couple of hours. Make an appt with a Dr, you probably need antibiotics.
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

That is what BF said too. Would that cause the entire lid to swell? It isn't one area of the lid, it is the entire thing equally swollen.

Grr, I suppose you ladies may be right and I should just suck it up and go.
  • Options
    lunarsongbirdlunarsongbird member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yup....Gonna have to go, love. ::hugs:: Let us know when you have scheduled your appointment. A couple times I got a chalazion cyst on my eye lid.

It's kinda looks like a sty on crack:

https://members.kaiserpermanente.org/kpweb/healthency.do?hwid=ut2150
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-md?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c9bc2385-795b-4a8e-a47e-9a6b25d9bd8bPost:c69537c1-65cd-4ea6-a2fa-d2bbd33dd07d">Re: NEY MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: NEY MD : That is what BF said too. Would that cause the entire lid to swell? It isn't one area of the lid, it is the entire thing equally swollen. Grr, I suppose you ladies may be right and I should just suck it up and go.
    Posted by csousa1[/QUOTE]

MARCH
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • Options
    sparkles88sparkles88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_ney-md?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c9bc2385-795b-4a8e-a47e-9a6b25d9bd8bPost:01c13327-5999-469d-bf6f-1dabd92fcf0f">Re: NEY MD</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds like a stye on the inside of your eyelid... use a clean wash cloth and soak in hot water. Hold this closely to your eye every couple of hours. Make an appt with a Dr, you probably need antibiotics.
    Posted by NurseyK[/QUOTE]

That's what I was going to say. I had a stye in my eyelid when I was in middle school. The exam wasn't a big deal, and they gave me prescription eye drops that helped almost immediately.
  • Options
    becunning2becunning2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Go!  Get your perscription, and get your eye under control. I also don't mess around with my eyes.  I already have bad enough vision, but I'm rather partial to what I do have.
  • Options
    csousa1csousa1 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Ok fineeee, I made an appt for tomorrow at 10:30. With my luck by the time I wake up tomorrow, my eye will be miraculously fine and they will look at me like I'm nuts.

On the bright side, for work tomorrow we are supposed to tour a facility that is 1.5 hours away starting at 9 am. Since my appt is smack in the middle, I won't be able to go on the tour- aw shucks!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards