May 2014 Weddings

New Bride!

Hey ladies!

I am a kind of new bride to the boards!  We got engaged over the summer and I am so excited. We found a venue, and we just changed out date from 9.13..14 to 5.24.14! I am marrying a wonderful man that I have known for almost 6 years. I am looking forward to getting to know, sharing ideass, and chatting with you wonderful ladies! :) I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
**~ Counting Down Till Love Wins**~ 9.20.14

Re: New Bride!

• <div>Aww congrats!! I recently just got engaged too and have planned our wedding date to be 05/10/14!! I'm so happy to find someone else planning waaay ahead too. People have been telling me I'm planning way too early. Have you decided when your sending your save the date cards? Since mine is a destination wedding we'll be doing ours the first of the new year. Hopefully we can swap some ideas and share our hectic journeys together!! Again, congrats and good luck on your marraige journey! :)</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2014-weddings_new-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:19d54fbd-7c52-420d-abe6-dce14dfc8da4Discussion:b915ac4e-d853-415f-8fa6-1fe6497ff85fPost:5f5dc752-e186-48f6-879b-7b8070873c7b">New Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey ladies! I am a kind of new bride to the boards!  We got engaged over the summer and I am so excited. We found a venue, and we just changed out date from 9.13..14 to 5.24.14! I am marrying a wonderful man that I have known for almost 6 years. I am looking forward to getting to know, sharing ideass, and chatting with you wonderful ladies! :) I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Posted by mrsofficer2014[/QUOTE]
  • Hello!

Congrats to you as well! A destination wedding sounds so fun! And I am planning on sending mine out sometime over the summer..at least get past the year mark. I am collecting ideas and its been really fun! 
  • Congratulations to both of you! FI and I have been engaged for about 2.5 years now and we're getting married on 5/17/2014 :)
    We've booked our venue and will be meeting with our number 1 choice for photography in December.
    Long engagements are good because you can can often get your first choice of vendors ;)
    Anniversary
  • Hi! We got engaged over the summer too and our date is May 10, 2014! We have a lot of the big things picked out but not sent our deposits in yet: dress, venue, photographer. I have the invitations, but they need to be printed. Gotta love planning ahead! ;)

For Save the Dates, I was thinking early summer too. We will probably get our engagement photos done this spring. And when should the invitations go out? Fall?

Congrats to you all! :)

-Victoria
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2014-weddings_new-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:19d54fbd-7c52-420d-abe6-dce14dfc8da4Discussion:b915ac4e-d853-415f-8fa6-1fe6497ff85fPost:09d178f7-aec3-45a0-9247-d4a56209f849">Re: New Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! We got engaged over the summer too and our date is May 10, 2014! We have a lot of the big things picked out but not sent our deposits in yet: dress, venue, photographer. I have the invitations, but they need to be printed. Gotta love planning ahead! ;) For Save the Dates, I was thinking early summer too. We will probably get our engagement photos done this spring. And when should the invitations go out? Fall? Congrats to you all! :) -Victoria
    Posted by Tututori[/QUOTE]

Invitations usually go out 2 months before the wedding :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • congrats! We recently got engaged on Nov 30 and are also planning a destination wedding for May 12th 2014. Just starting my research and I am so excited! Lots to figure out so my best friend and MOH bought me "the everything wedding book", so btwn the knot and the book I should be good to go... Happy planning!
  • Congrats to everyone! It is good to know that I am not the only one planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards