Texas-Austin
Options

Catering

Hey ladys!! Ok so my fi and I are trying to do catering for our wedding. Down fall is that we are paying for our wedding so we can not afford much, does anyone have any sugestions?? Are wedding isnt untill July 21, 2011 in Dripping Sorings... Thanks ahead of time!!!!

Re: Catering

• Options
    SarahPLizSarahPLiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WHat is your budget per person, and does it need to include linens and dinnerware? Those sorts of things will affect the recommendations you get. The more detail you give us, the more we can help. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your budget? I know Pink Avocado had some of the best prices of the ones we looked at but our budget may have been more or we may have had less people...so what we think was affordable might not be to you. I've heard a lot of other brides who went with a BBQ or fajita/Mexican buffet and there are plenty of those around who are very budget friendly and really yummy!
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    kismetjesskismetjess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Well Seasoned Catering out of New Braunfels for our wedding. By far the cheapest prices we found, allowing us to serve on China. Nancy, the owner/chef is wonderful! We just had our tasting friday and the food was wonderful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are booking with Salt Lick in the next few weeks. The bbq is AMAZING very reasonably priced and they don't stick it to you in service charges.
  • Options
    MskendalMskendal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am thinking of doing the slat lick too.  Will they do china and glassware or is your venue providing that?
  • Options
    NewbeginingNewbegining member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We too where thinking about Ths salt lick but they would not budge on anything. NO substitutions only upgrades. THey will take away a meat but not adjust the pricedown to reflect the a three meat platter has gone to a two meat platter and when you replace the meat with something else it was an additional 1.50 to 3.00 pp ( to reflect the price of a four meat platter, and there basic package for AYCE was 1025.00 for 75 ppl and then 13.50 pp after that, before 8.25% tax of 18% grat (service charge) not for the sake of arguement i divided 1025 by 75 and the price per person was 13.66......16 cents less for the first 75 than 76 and up... that is weird. Every other place i have seen the price goes down substantially the more ppl you have! There is a more limited not all you can eat less expensive option however you must have 200 to even consider it! Good Luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards