Florida-West Coast

How to do a cake testing when you live out of state?

My Fiance and i live in RI, and are having our wedding in Sarasota FL. We don't think we are going to be able to make it down again before our wedding. So my question to all of you destination wedding knotties, How is it done?

Re: How to do a cake testing when you live out of state?

• edited December 2011
    it probably isn't =(  Sorry to say.  Unless you just go to a dessert shoppe that offers the flavors your cake maker offers and go off that.  Although ever baker may have their own method so I am sure it probably won't taste exactly the same.

If you tell us what kind of cake you are looking for we can give you our recomendations for the best in the area.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    You can also have some family members or friends that live in the area attend a cake tasting for you.  I know that you personally will not be able to taste it but at the very least some of your guest (being your friends and family) can help you make that decision.  After all the cake is going to be eaten by them as well:)

HTH!
    On March 13, 2010 I reaffirmed the LOVE that I have for the MOST important man in my LIFE! And now it is Happily ever after...forever!!!!! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend going with Laurie from A Piece of Cake.  I'm 100% confident that you will be thrilled!

www.cakestampa.com
  • canicollscanicolls member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry i was so vague on the kind of cake we were looking for.... Just started realizing that we are going to miss out on some of the fun things you get to do when you plan your wedding. and this just happened to be one of them. Not looking for anything super elaborat. Butter cream frosting, with some nice piping. Square Teirs ooposed to round. Not sure on flavors yet, hence the tasting question. LOL! :-)

• edited December 2011
    I will be coming to Sarasota in November, and i will try couple different cake people. I can tell you later which ones i liked the best. :)
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a red velvet with cream cheese from Matt and Dom in Bradenton which is close to Sarasota. It was very good. Let me know if you need more help tasting cake Wink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards