Snarky Brides
Options

Blanche Devereaux

Rue McClanahan died today :(

This is me being weepy - I always get sad when another one of the Golden Girls passes away.  Even though I never knew them in real life I always felt like they were my grandmas, or something.
panther

Re: Blanche Devereaux

• Options
    This makes me sad.  Frown
  • Options
    Boo :( I thought she was very entertaining.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Aww. It is sad.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

we fall asleep to Golden Girls every night... i am so sad now!  I really hope Betty is immortal!

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going to have a slice of cheesecake and screw a guy tonight in her memory.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    That's so sad.  I love Golden Girls.  Poor Betty White is the only one left.
  • Options
    That's the spirit, Shelly!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blanche-devereaux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aa90624d-92e8-4f30-9b07-fe26a5e9530fPost:9f87a31a-b141-4dca-97e9-81af37e2bf31">Re: Blanche Devereaux</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to have a slice of cheesecake and screw a guy tonight in her memory.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

That's the best tribute ever.

Sigh.  She was my favorite.  I LOVED how vain she was.  Well, Blanche - Not Rue.  Rue of course was so classy.

So celebrity deaths go in threes.  Gary Coleman, Rue, and then... who?
    panther
  • Options
    leaynleayn member
    First Comment
    Oh my Shelly!!!  I also grew up watching this show.  I love Blanche, and I used to want to have a southern accent just to be like her.  Mind you, I did not understand half of her jokes b/c I was young, but still.

I agree, Betty White can never die!  She is my all time favorite.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dennis Hopper passed. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blanche-devereaux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aa90624d-92e8-4f30-9b07-fe26a5e9530fPost:e8ee5ca1-8e5e-4c18-a6e4-37d3c34b1b1f">Re: Blanche Devereaux</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh my Shelly!!!  I also grew up watching this show.  I love Blanche, and I used to want to have a southern accent just to be like her.  Mind you, I did not understand half of her jokes b/c I was young, but still. I agree, Betty White can never die!  She is my all time favorite.
    Posted by leayn[/QUOTE]

I remember when I was little taking to heart what she said about shaving everything from her thigh down.  I thought she shaved her toes.

Then I watched it again a few years ago on DVD and was like "hahaha! I get it!"
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Art Linkletter, Paul Gray, bassist of Slipknot
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Oh hello - can't believe I forgot Dennis Hopper.
    Do not mess in the affairs of dinosaurs because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
    I love you Missy. Even though you are not smart enough to take online quizzes to find out really important information. ~cew
  • Options
    Dennis Hopper - good catch, he was first right?

So then it goes Hopper, Gary, and Rue?
    panther
  • Options
    I thought Gary died first.  Hmmm...not sure.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Also, Simon Monjack, if you want to consider him a pseudo-celebrity.
  • Options
    Gary Coleman died on the 28th

Dennis Hopper died on the 29th

Art Linkletter died on the 26th

Paul Gary died on the 25th
  • Options
    SAAAAAAAAD about Simon Monjack too.

Yeah.  I guess it's not really a good time to be a celeb lately.  They're all dropping like flies :(
    panther
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blanche-devereaux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aa90624d-92e8-4f30-9b07-fe26a5e9530fPost:9f87a31a-b141-4dca-97e9-81af37e2bf31">Re: Blanche Devereaux</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm going to have a slice of cheesecake and screw a guy tonight in her memory.
    Posted by shellydiane820[/QUOTE]

HA HA!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blanche-devereaux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aa90624d-92e8-4f30-9b07-fe26a5e9530fPost:664121b4-49d3-4ccd-9756-b301745929eb">Re: Blanche Devereaux</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blanche Devereaux : That's the best tribute ever. Sigh.  She was my favorite.  I LOVED how vain she was.  Well, Blanche - Not Rue.  Rue of course was so classy. <strong>So celebrity deaths go in threes.  Gary Coleman, Rue, and then... who?
    </strong>Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

Dennis Hopper died on Saturday, Rue was number 3.

So, um...Bea Arthur died last year and if memory serves, Estelle Getty died the year before last, now Rue....I don't like where this is going.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know.

If Betty dies next year I'm fairly sure I will stay in my room for a month.
    panther
  • Options
    They were like four more grandmothers for us children of the 1980's, it's very very sad that they're almost all gone.  Betty looks fantastic though, and her comic chops are alive and kicking!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yeah she is pretty spry for being as old as she is.

She's just so delightful to watch :)
    panther
  • Options
    I saw Rue in Wicked a couple of years ago in NYC, and she was awesome. This makes me so sad. Poor Blanche.
  • Options
    Technically, Rue was #5.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blanche-devereaux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:aa90624d-92e8-4f30-9b07-fe26a5e9530fPost:09557065-5b35-470e-844e-d903649537e5">Re: Blanche Devereaux</a>:
    [QUOTE]They were like four more grandmothers for us children of the 1980's, it's very very sad that they're almost all gone.  Betty looks fantastic though, and her comic chops are alive and kicking!
    Posted by 526SadieSadie[/QUOTE]

Right?!  I loved that show.  I like it even more now that I get the jokes.  It was quite risque for it's time.  There was an episode about HIV, remember that?

Blanche was totally my favorite.  How old was she?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_blanche-devereaux?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:aa90624d-92e8-4f30-9b07-fe26a5e9530fPost:5070c3a6-e7b2-4b9e-b51a-025249ddc7df">Re: Blanche Devereaux</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Blanche Devereaux : Right?!  I loved that show.  I like it even more now that I get the jokes. <strong> It was quite risque for it's time</strong>.  There was an episode about HIV, remember that? Blanche was totally my favorite.  How old was she?
    Posted by goheels05[/QUOTE]

Especially for a show about old ladies.. what a great one it was though. So sad, RIP Blanche.
  • Options
    She was 76 years young.
    panther
  • Options
    This makes me sad, I used to watch that show with my grandmother. :o(
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards