Wisconsin
Options

Suggestions needed...Photographer, Videographer & DJ???????

Hi Ladies,
We are getting married on 8/6/11 in Delafield and still need to book a photographer, videographer and DJ. Can I get some suggestions of ones you've either used personally and liked, or ones that you've heard good feedback about?
Thanks much!
Happy Planning to you all...

Re: Suggestions needed...Photographer, Videographer & DJ???????

• Options
    edited December 2011
    PS...for a videographer we are hoping to find one that does the "same day edit" slideshow for the reception.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend that got married in September used Bella.  the pictures turned out great.  haven't seen the video yet.  they didn't get to meet their photog and videog until the day of the wedding.  there was poor communication between the two of them too.  but the product has turned out great so far.  i don't know if they do same day edit slideshow though.

we are using rita baumann photography.  like the work and she and her husband are very nice.  the package includes a lot for a reasonable price.  only thing was that she got us our epics two or three weeks later than she originally told us she was going to have them up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we are using waxx mobile dj out of racine for our milwaukee wedding.  mike jackson is the owner and he is very nice and very willing to work with what you want.  i would recommend him.  he was also flexible with price too...as in, you could bargain with him :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    HannasMOHHannasMOH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am used Clary Pfeiffer photography she is out of Illinois but she is AMAZING my videographer was wonderful too but I don't have his personal information he works for a news station and does it on the side but my planner set it all up so I don't know how to get a hold of him.  If you want a great resource for vendors and planning and someone to handle the Day of Coordination I highly recommend Tailored Engagements.  For DJ we used Midwest Sound and Light they were cheap but not that on top of their game.  If you don't have a DOC I would go with someone more reliable like Sound by Design they are pricy but all my friends have used them and they get the party started!
  • Options
    jberg134jberg134 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DJ:  I have a friend who works for Set the Night to Music.  He loves the owner.
    Video:  JC Designs out of Waukesha.  I don't know if she does the same day edit or not.
    September 2011 Siggy Challange: Honeymoon!
    image 145 Made the cut!
    image 59 Are ready to celebrate! image 23 Are missing out! image 65 Don't know the meaning of RSVP!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jnnfrpwlnskjnnfrpwlnsk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked with a couple from Waukesha that does all of these!
    photobylm.com  Photo & Video plus day of pics/video...
    kart-tunes.com  DJ
    Since they only do 1 show a day.
    Can add day of footage throughout the night, during your 1st dance  (show your vows in video) or father/daughter dance (photo montage) and if you want music video's and karaoke!  We r not going w/ karaoke with our crowd.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would be careful using Bella or companies like that.  You have no guarentees for the style and quality of work from your photographer because you don't know who they are ahead of time.

I used Jessica Quist Photography and she is AMAZING - she's got a great mix of traditional, modern, and photojournalism.  She is very comfortable to work with and she is very timely!

My cousin was our videographer.  I wasn't willing to pay for one as I prefer pictures and he did it to surprise me and it turned out great because he made it really fun - probably because he was so comfortable around my family as they were with him.

For DJ, we used All Star Music.  Friends of ours used them and we thought they were great and they were one of the most reasonably priced.  We are music whores and they exceeded our expectations!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    msteph82msteph82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photog: Mia Stephens (www.miasphoto.com)
    DJ: Robb from Metropolitan Sounds (http://www.metropolitansounds.com/) - Just went to a wedding he did and everyone was dancing all night.  Great guy too.
    ~ Missie

Welcome Baby Grace to the world! (via emergency c-section @ 38w2d)
    2/24/12 12:03pm 5lbs, 9oz Birth Story
    imageimageimage
    image image image
    Linky--> EP FB Group - March '12 FB Group <---Linky </b>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used a&a photography for my November wedding and loved them! Highly recommend Sound by design was our dj and dustin and ben were great! Very well organized and professional
  • Options
    jackiejungjackiejung member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Katie Toman Photography for our wedding pictures and BB's Best for our DJ out of the Waterford area.

Both their prices were very reasonable for a full day of service as well as the reviews.
    I also liked that our photographer does more of the modern/photojournalistic style of photography.
  • Options
    Jami86eJami86e member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check out david kasdan videography. he doesn't do same day edit but the prices are fantastic
    www.davidkasdan.com
    Visit Jewish.weddings.com Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    burgosm528burgosm528 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Treehouse Media for video. He did a good job for my friends wedding. A really fun music video for the reception. I think he's pretty well priced too.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Video: We are planning on using J.C. Designs for video.

http://www.jcdesignswi.com

DJ: We are considering Rhythm In Motion, A Personal Touch and Accent Events.

Photographer: Not sure yet. 
  • Options
    Juliaav79Juliaav79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    Let me know what you decide as I am searching for the "same day edit" for 8/13. So far the one's I have seen are ella bella (they were just getting into it). Wedding Films out of MKE looked really great, but they are REALLY expensive. I really want to spend around $1500. Another one is Frogman out of I think Verona that is very popular.
    Good luck and let me know when you decide!
  • Options
    kjs2180kjs2180 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FROGMAN PRODUCTIONS is an AMAZING videographer!!! They live for same day edit! I just had him for my wedding and couldn't be happier with the outcome. Check out his website frogmanproductions.com. Also for a photographer.... Ambiance studios is amazing!! It is a husband and wife team and they are wonderful! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards