Canada-Ontario

Superior Bridal in Markham...Amalia Carrara or Eve of Milady dresses?

Has anyone been to Superior Bridal, and what are the average costs of their Amalia Carrara and Eve of Milady dresses?

I know there aren't many stores in Canada that sell this designer, and I have no idea of the cost in Canada.

Re: Superior Bridal in Markham...Amalia Carrara or Eve of Milady dresses?

• orangecrayonorangecrayon member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went and I believe I tried on a few at Superior Bridal. I was told that they start around the $2000 mark and go up to more than $10,000. Depending on the style and look your going for. Just a heads up, there is no change room in that location, you change in front of the people you brought...awkward... But they have a great selection of dresses
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_superior-bridal-markhamamalia-carrara-eve-of-milady-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:613Discussion:96a55b4b-743e-43b6-b052-67ed7519c8c6Post:daea26d8-676f-4d9e-8749-a8789e9f19a4">Re: Superior Bridal in Markham...Amalia Carrara or Eve of Milady dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I went and I believe I tried on a few at Superior Bridal. I was told that they start around the $2000 mark and go up to more than $10,000. Depending on the style and look your going for. Just a heads up, <strong>there is no change room in that location, you change in front of the people you brought...awkward</strong>... But they have a great selection of dresses
    Posted by zeinas[/QUOTE]
    No change room??  That is super super weird.  I can't imagine spending $2000-$10000 at a store with no change room... I'd only do that at a $99 sale with crazy people running around.  Like at the Lulu warehouse sales.
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's where I bought my dress.  It is private, but yes, you're changing in front of the people you bring with you.  It's upstairs and no men are allowed up there either.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Meaghann17Meaghann17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got mine there. It isn't that brand though.

It is private, but I know when I was changing the saleslady didn't even shut the door and I had people coming right by while I was in my underwear. Kind of irritating, but my MOH shut the door after a few minutes lol.

But the annoyance over the change room situation and the fact that I really didn't like my saleslady I was so happy to find my dress!

If you get an older lady fitting you, she is very nice but she tried really hard to put me into dresses I specifically said I do not like. It was frustrating at that point because I had tried on numerous dresses at other stores and called around to find a specific pronovias one that Superior said they had- and then it turned out they didnt. I ended up gettting one REALLY similar, but it was an uphill battle getting her to listen to me.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Meaghann, do you remember the names of who helped you?
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • Meaghann17Meaghann17 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_superior-bridal-markhamamalia-carrara-eve-of-milady-dresses?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:96a55b4b-743e-43b6-b052-67ed7519c8c6Post:822250ae-433a-41d5-b052-6c08656be75a">Re: Superior Bridal in Markham...Amalia Carrara or Eve of Milady dresses?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meaghann, do you remember the names of who helped you?
    Posted by lalap69[/QUOTE]

No I don't sorry! Like I said she was very nice, she just couldnt get past what she felt was best. She would be great for someone who doesnt know where to start. My FSIL had the same one last year and loved her.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    244 Invited image 43 Attending image 5 Declined image Waiting on 198 image
    RSVP Date October 3, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Does anyone have the phone number for this store? I am from Nashville and there are no stores near tennessee that carry this designer and now I am living in Calgary Canada! I would love to find a store here that carries A Carrara dresses!
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you're living in Calgary you're not going to be going to a store in Markham, Ontario.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards