Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

vintage wedding dress

what do you think im thinking about  this  dress but  maybe take  it  to seamstress to remove sleeves and  make  it with straps  or strapless
http://ny-image3.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.184560799.jpg

Re: vintage wedding dress

• Options
    I think it looks amazing! I personally love the sleeves because they add so much to the vintage vibe and are unique compared to the cookie cutter dresses I see everywhere. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Absolutely breathtaking just as it is!!!!!!

Maybe take it to a restorer and have the yellow removed though.
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    that is GORGEOUS!

House Renovations
    Married Bio

I am a gluten-free, gun-toting wife! :P

I love you, Daddy...2/24/1953 to 2/13/2011image
  • Options
    I love the dress as is!! I really like the neck piece and the buttons down the back! fab find :)
    Anniversary LilySlim Weight loss tickersWhite Knot
  • Options
    Oh my goodness, leave it as is! It's so elegant and regal and GORGEOUS. I agree with Nukke, to have the yellow removed but other than that, it's breathtaking.
    image 141 Invited so far!
    image 112 Are ready to party!
    image 29 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    thanks  girls  they  said   There is some slight discoloration on sleeve  and near hemline, which should come out with cleaning; there are some minor tears in the lace on the skirt portion  which get lost in the folds and do not detract; there are some larger tears in the lace of the train, which also get lost in the folds and do not detract. These tears can be mended, or you could shorten the train. so  what  do you think
  • Options
    mend mend!
    Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I'd actually shorten the train, so it's more manageable, since it looks impossible to bustle with that crinoline. But obviously not if you want to keep it mint vintage. The sleeves are wonderful. I could also see taking it down to thin strips of lace right where it starts, giving it a lovely boat neck sleeveless effect.
  • Options
    It's a beauty!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards