October 2012 Weddings
Options

sometimes you just have to laugh. :

So...fi's mom was an English teacher and she thinks it's stupid that "Matthew" is spelled with two t's. So, of course, she gives my fi the middle name "mathew." I'm convinced that every guest will believe it is a typo on our invitations, but whatever. Today I show his father the invitations and he says "shouldn't Mathew have two t's?" Ahaha. His own father thought it was a typo!!! And apparently he learned today how his 33 year old son's middle name is spelled. I just shook my head and laughed.
October 2012 Board: June Siggy

Re: sometimes you just have to laugh. :

• Options
    that sounds like my dad!!! ... men dont always pay attention to small details like that!
  • Options
    That is funny!! My brother didn't know until he was about 16 that his name was spelt Frederick with an E in the middle. He just thought it was Fred and Rick put together.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Too funny!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    That is too funny! My grandpa still doesn't know how to spell my name to this day, but thats a little more ok, lol.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    That's too funny!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    My brother is Mathew. I don't know how many teachers would correct my spelling when we had to write about our family and I would include my big brother Mat. One teacher didn't believe me and my mom had to send in a note saying "CFM's brother is named Mathew with one 't' and we call him Mat"
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Too funny! My dad wouldn't notice that at all, so props to yours! 
  • Options
    Funny!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • Options
    HAHA! That's awesome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Haha that's awesome! If it makes you feel any better, the French way to spell "Matthew" only has one "t" ie: Mathieu. So there ya go!
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    That is absolutely hilarious!!! Typical dad's though, they do not pay attention to that stuff. Poor FI.
    weddingpic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards