Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Hotel for boudoir pics?

I know this was mentioned in the last couple of months but I seem to be having a difficult time finding a place for these pictures.

I know that Hotel Indigo has a Groupon special right now, but I worry that the really bright colors in the rooms won't exactly give the pictures the appropriate feel: clicky.

Also, it seems like it's impossible to get a nice room for b-pics for under $100 on a week night! I thought I had seen someone post that at NYLO: Las Colinas you can get a room for $70-$90, but when I checked their website the absolute lowest price is $155.

Anyone have pricing on where they did theirs or suggestions? I don't want to spend a ton of money but I also don't want to spend money on the session and then not like the pictures because I cheaped out on the location.

TIA! 
**Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Hotel for boudoir pics?

• fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I did mine at the Belmont but my photographer had rented the room--looks like their cheapest room is $109.

I've stayed at Hotel Indigo twice and while cute, I agree it's probably not what you are looking for. 

ETA:  I don't know how soon you are wanting to do these but I get the Magnolia's specials all the time for $99--not sure how I got on their e-mail list but maybe you could sign up.
  • I dont know what feel you are going for but a former knottie did hers at Hotel indigo and they looked fine.  A few pics you got a glimpse of some bright colors but I thought it looked good and in most of them you just saw the white sheets.

I used a Marriott, nothing fancy at all.  I just made sure the carpet, bedding and headboard werent too dated looking, but honestly you dont see much of any of that in the pictures.
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Yeah BL makes a good point--unless you get real artsy with them, not much of the room will really show at all.  (I guess I was thinking more of the common areas of Hotel Indigo which you certainly won't be using for boudoir!) 

My boss' wife did do some pretty artsy ones at the Stoneleigh and they were beautiful.  But she spent a pretty penny.
  • Nylo is more expensive during the week because it is geared for business travellers. Any reason why it must be a weekday?
    Also- I agree with Stephie- Belmont is a lot of fun. I think boudoir pictures turn out great regardless of the place as long as you have 1) a window if you think natural light is important (some photogs do, some photogs don't care) 2) a bed with clean lines. 

Most of the time, boudoir pics have such a shallow depth of field that you only see what is in the foreground (you!). You could always bring a blanket or sheet if you want an extra punch to the decor.
  • Agree with all the PP...you are the focus of the pics! Much like you, I was worried about the hotel, but Chelsea did mine at a Hilton Garden Inn, and it was fine! Agree that it's definitely worth making sure the room is at least updated.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hotel-boudoir-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ad9e8ea-e345-4428-b777-60a267ff6a0dPost:c1e9dc57-762e-43e2-bd81-8b450865217d">Re: Hotel for boudoir pics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nylo is <strong>more expensive during the week because it is geared for business travellers. Any reason why it must be a weekday?</strong> Also- I agree with Stephie- Belmont is a lot of fun. I think boudoir pictures turn out great regardless of the place as long as you have 1) a window if you think natural light is important (some photogs do, some photogs don't care) 2) a bed with clean lines.  Most of the time, boudoir pics have such a shallow depth of field that you only see what is in the foreground (you!). You could always bring a blanket or sheet if you want an extra punch to the decor.
    Posted by aeliza06[/QUOTE]

<div>That makes total sense about the NYLO :) I'm doing them on a weekday because that was the only session available in February, since they've got March and April booked up with engagements and I really didn't want to wait until May to do them, since I'm going on a cruise in the beginning of March and will likely have terrible tan/burn lines after :)</div>
    **Planning Bio** UPDATED! 4/9/12 Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Stephie, BL, and Kylie- Thank you for the reassurance :) I tend to over-think things sometimes (ok, all the time!) and just don't want to jump into this without looking at all my options.
  • Call the specific hotel (not the national numbers) and ask if they do any day rates. I know you can rent my hotel for a few hours and its half of the rate for whatever the night is. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hotel-boudoir-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ad9e8ea-e345-4428-b777-60a267ff6a0dPost:3f80472c-07d3-4960-97b0-f6d0c8314b82">Re: Hotel for boudoir pics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Call the specific hotel (not the national numbers) and ask if they do any day rates. I know you can rent my hotel for a few hours and its half of the rate for whatever the night is. 
    Posted by roseofdeborah[/QUOTE]

What hotel are you using? That would be great if I could find somewhere that does day rentals.
  • We used the Hilton, and I loved the pictures.  My photog also brough a pink satin sheet that we used for some of the pics.

Have you checked out the aloft Hotels?
  • Le Meridien is perfect for b-pics and is under $100. It is right by the Galleria. Also check out the Omni at Park West. 
  • Brianna- I checked aloft, the cheapest they had (at least on their website) was $126 before taxes. Do-able, but a little high.

Prlmrg- I'll check out both of those, thanks for the suggestions!
  • I don't think it will matter too too much which hotel you pick.  It's not like your FI will be checking out the background anyway... Wink
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_hotel-boudoir-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:9ad9e8ea-e345-4428-b777-60a267ff6a0dPost:566a5b3b-0392-43ab-863a-8959aa13fd4e">Re: Hotel for boudoir pics?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't think it will matter too too much which hotel you pick.  <strong>It's not like your FI will be checking out the background anyway</strong>...
    Posted by bsn1752[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol this is very very true :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards