Florida-West Coast

Photographers in Tampa??

Does anyone know of a good photographer in Tampa?  I've just started looking and there's so many, it's overwhelming!  It's also difficult because all of the portfolios look fantastic, so it's hard to truly judge.  Any tips?  Hints?  Anything?  Thanks! :)

Re: Photographers in Tampa??

• What is your budget and style?
  • I think Jason Angellini is wonderful!
  • We finally booked our photographer, we were looking for a photojournalist and found her through wpja website. her work is exactly what we were looking for, we spoke on the phone, and booked her without even meeting. i did look for reviews before i contacted her to make sure.  you need to find out what you like and how much you want to spend, and than go and look at all the photographers within your criteria and budget.
  • Depends on your budget.  Phillip Lloyd is who we hired.  He's so nice, and his photos are amazing.

• I hired Life Long Studios, they are so great to work with and their work is constantly appearing in wedding mags. Photography is important to me so I splurged and hired two of their shooters.
  • Val with VR Vision was amazing! Also look at reviews on weddingwire.com
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • We used In True colors photography, they were fun, creative and out of everyone's way. Good luck in your search.
  • Look into Sarah Mac Photography...Sarah and Ben are a husband and wife team and are awesome, in my opinion.  Great personalities and great photographers
  • edited February 2012
    Yes....it can be quite overwhelming because there are so many good photographers in the area. It all comes down to your budget and your style.

I like a very candid photographer. I have booked Scites Photography for my wedding (www.scitesphotography.com). His work looks great.

Good luck with your search!
  • LuckyHeather - another bride on this forum is complaining about not being able to get her pictures from Phillip Lloyd.  Did it take you a long time to receive yours?
  • Lucky Heather maybe you can help the other bride searching for Phillip Loyd
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Strange....I thought I posted mine but it didn't show up!

I know it is completely overwhelming. It all comes down to your budget and style. I'm using Scites Photography.

Good Luck with your search!!
  • Me too? My post disappeared! I recommend Val with VR Vision. She worked with my budget and her pictures are amazing!
    Anniversary

September 2011 Siggy Challenge- Favorite Ceremony Photo
    Photobucket
  • my post disappeared also!  weird...

Look into Sarah Mac Photography.  She and her husband Ben are absolutely amazing and way more affordable than their pictures would lead you to believe :)
  • I'll have to say Richard Harell photography. Richard and his wife Heather are amazing!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jonathan Hare! Just did our engagement session with him and I am soooo happy we chose him. He is really nice and you can just tell he loves what he does. price is the best we found without affecting quality. Also met with Scites and Life's Highlights, and they were also nice and good price!
  • I recommend Jerry McGaghey Photography. His style is photojournalistic and his photos really capture the moment.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot!
  • Jason Angelini is awesome and so is Phillip Lloyd.

From my meeting with Phillip he touches up every photo before he will provide them to you so his price is also due to the extra work. And the extra work means longer turn around time for pictures.

Be sure to ask if your date is during their normal "busy" time if so you will have to wait a bit longer for your pictures.
  • cesiflamecesiflame member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Hey! In case you are still looking for a photographer too, i can recommend www.gulfsidemedia.com - the are great, professional and offer something for everyone!

Good luck! :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards