Military Brides

Table numbers ideas

I am going to assign a special memory, etc., to correlate with each table number. But I am stuck on ideas for quite a few numbers. Does anyone have any general ideas that could potentially be assigned to a number 1-40? Here is what I have so far:

3. Number of times Binx flew long-distance to visit FI

4. Number of months spent dating long-distance before Binx moved

8. Binx’s lucky number

9. Grade when Binx became FI’s baseball manager in high school

12. Years Binx & FI have known each other

13. FI’s lucky number

21. Day in July of 2011 when FI proposed

28. Day in April 2012 we tied the knot!

Re: Table numbers ideas

• birthday dates? date of the month of your first date? number of times he's bought you flowers (or somehting similar) 
  • pets? sibblings? yrs parents and/or grandparents were married? states you've been too? countires you've been too? time in the military?

obviously not all those work but could get your brain working.
  • age when you get married? age when you met?
  • Wait, are you having 40 tables?!

Anniversary

• BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Thanks ladies, I can use some of those.

40ish, yes. Right now 323 on our guest list. That's what happens when your parents divorce and re-marry. And when your grandparents and your fiance's grandparents make loads of babies.
  • Hopefully the 20% decline "rule" works in your favor Binx!! But love the idea for the numbers, saw that on Pinterest, so cute!
  • BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012

Hahahahaha...yah, I highly doubt we will have a 20% decline. A very small percent of our guest list are from out-of-state. Probably closer to 5-10% decline. Plus, this is the first wedding on both my FI's mom's and dad's sides, and they are very tight-knit, so even people from out of state will more than likely come.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_table-numbers-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5a896851-d161-44fe-a24e-e54890997af2Post:3cff619f-c534-4212-9d02-7743e45ada85">Re: Table numbers ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hahahahaha...yah, I highly doubt we will have a 20% decline. A very small percent of our guest list are from out-of-state. Probably closer to 5-10% decline. Plus, this is the first wedding on both my FI's mom's and dad's sides, and they are very tight-knit, so even people from out of state will more than likely come.
    Posted by BinxRose[/QUOTE]

<div>You might be surprised at that.  We thought the same thing since we were both the first grandkids to get married, but we still had a lot of declines.  We also planned within 5 months so some people had already booked other vacations and couldn't travel again.</div><div>
    </div><div>But the other girls have plenty of good ideas!  I don't think I would ever be clever enough to do that.</div>
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Wow that is a lot. I finally had to say stop on our guest list. Haa Ok but number ideas date of the first time you made each other dinner. Number of times you watch a favorite movie. I mean within reason. Know what I mean.
  • Number of times you and FI have gone to your favorite place (for example, H and I have been to Disneyland 37 times.) Time he proposed (for example, if he proposed at 7pm or something.) Number of birthdays spent together as a couple Ummmm I can't think of anything else :)
  • THIRTYSEVEN TIMES????? Am I the only one who doesn't like Disneyland?  But those are cute ideas too Cab!
  • It's a super cute (and ambitious) idea for table numbers.  Wow!  And that many people - yikes!  If we stuck to a hard-and-fast rule for who was invited, we'd probably have that many, too.  FI has over 60 first cousins, most of whom are married with kids.  I'm inviting almost all of my first cousins (there's 15, and none are married or in serious relationships) and quite a few of my second cousins, who are married with kids.  So.. yeah, we'd probably get close to 400 if we said all first cousins and all second cousins and families.  Instead we're doing people we've talked to in the last two years.  That cuts out a LOT.

Anniversary

• HOLY SH!T CAB! How have you been to Disneyland 37 times?! I've been to Disneyworld twice, once when I was five, and once when I was 15 to perfom there. I would like to go back again though. I do really like it. But really, I want to go to Harry Potter World.

Cate- I'm not inviting a large majority of my stepmom's siblings because she has one biological and like 13 stepsiblings, most of whom I haven't seen since I was little, or never met at all. So I'm only inviting her bio-brother, and two of her stepsisters I grew up around. If it was up to me, I wouldn't be inviting any of my stepdad's family because they've never treated me like family, even though they married when I was four. And my mom's sister and all her adult children are a bunch of weirdos, but I have to invite most of them (my mom gave me permission to not invite two of the guys because they are SUPER weird and got into a fist-fight at my parents' house a few Christmases ago).
  • LOL!!!! I meant 27 times, actually. Typo on my end. But still, it's a lot. It's our special place, DAMMIT! :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_table-numbers-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5a896851-d161-44fe-a24e-e54890997af2Post:6ae824f8-d958-43df-817c-724b9118e9cb">Re: Table numbers ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]LOL!!!! I meant 27 times, actually. Typo on my end. But still, it's a lot. It's our special place, DAMMIT! :)
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

How do you even keep count?!  I've never been to Disneyland, but I'm a big Disney World fan.  I went a bunch as a child, but since turning 18, I've been there 11 times, I think.

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_table-numbers-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5a896851-d161-44fe-a24e-e54890997af2Post:5f234f97-fb0a-47fc-98be-47ebf3758fa7">Re: Table numbers ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Table numbers ideas : How do you even keep count?!  I've never been to Disneyland, but I'm a big Disney World fan.  I went a bunch as a child, but since turning 18, I've been there 11 times, I think.
    Posted by calindi[/QUOTE]

It's really lame, actually, we keep track because we had a mission to go to every single thing available at the park. We have a checklist and dates. We haven't even done half of what is available at the parks!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_table-numbers-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5a896851-d161-44fe-a24e-e54890997af2Post:e703c2ab-b2af-4333-bd7b-c1963ec71dd3">Re: Table numbers ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Table numbers ideas : It's really lame, actually, we keep track because we had a mission to go to every single thing available at the park. We have a checklist and dates. We haven't even done half of what is available at the parks!
    Posted by CAB1217[/QUOTE]

Wow, really?  You mean all the shows and stuff?  I've been on all the rides at Disney World, or at least all the ones that were there up until the last time I was there (there's a new section opening soonish I think). Not all at Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM), Epcot or Animal Kingdom (very few there, actually) but everything in the Magic Kingdom. Is Disneyland much bigger?

Anniversary

• edited January 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_table-numbers-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:13Discussion:5a896851-d161-44fe-a24e-e54890997af2Post:e8a3fc0b-16b3-4338-a213-82e30cbb0042">Re: Table numbers ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Table numbers ideas : Wow, really?  You mean all the shows and stuff?  I've been on all the rides at Disney World, or at least all the ones that were there up until the last time I was there (there's a new section opening soonish I think). Not all at Disney Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM), Epcot or Animal Kingdom (very few there, actually) but everything in the Magic Kingdom. Is Disneyland much bigger?

Well, Disneyland, and California Adventure. And, yeah, all the rides/shows/restaurants/and special things that they do (like princess breakfasts, character breakfast, getting through all the characters at the character drawing studio, etc., etc., etc!!!) Not sure if it's bigger, actually I don't think it is, but there is a CRAP LOAD of stuff to do! And, it doesn't help that I insist on going onto my regular favorite rides every time! LOL those lines take up so much time, but I need my Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones rides!
  • I wish we could plan a Knottie Disney trip... I have a feeling that would be epic!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_military-brides_table-numbers-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:13Discussion:5a896851-d161-44fe-a24e-e54890997af2Post:a0484b11-72a5-4bb8-8297-44e92175ed5b">Re: Table numbers ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish we could plan a Knottie Disney trip... I have a feeling that would be epic!
    Fo sho!  I'd be there in a heartbeat.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards