May 2012 Weddings
Options

2011 wrap up post

I saw this on another board and thought it might be fun. :)

Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? 
Best book(s) you read in 2011? 
Favorite movie you saw in 2011? 
Favorite show you watched in 2011? 
Best concert or play you saw in 2011? 
Any vacations you took in 2011? 
Any AWs from 2011? (I think this is basically anything fun you did/got/etc that you'd like to share, or accomplishments, etc)
What are your goals for 2012?

Re: 2011 wrap up post

• Options
    Fun! =]

Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011?  Nothing earth shattering - but I started a 2nd job, we bought our first home, and welcomed our first niece!

Best book(s) you read in 2011?  Well, I read 55 this year...I would say that my favorites were the Game of Thrones series and the Kingkiller Chronicle series

Favorite movie you saw in 2011?  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2...definitely ended a 12 year journey waiting on all the books and movies to come out, kind of sad that it is all over!

Favorite show you watched in 2011?  The League, Breaking Bad, and Walking Dead were 3 new ones I liked

Best concert or play you saw in 2011?  Didn't see any of either...

Any vacations you took in 2011?  We went to Vegas in August for the first time, it was fantastic!

Any AWs from 2011?  ??  Not sure what this is asking.

What are your goals for 2012? Get married? :)  Probably do some more landscaping & decorating of our house.  I'm not a big "goal" person I guess, I'm more of a "think of it and then just do it" kind of person!

photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Getting engaged, moving from the city to the "country", and graduating college
    Oooh I read a lot of good ones. Science Fair Season, The Robber Bride, and the Hunger Games all come to mind.
    Probably the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - both the Swedish and American versions, which I thought were pretty good considering how much I loved the books.
    Twin Peaks. I watched the entire series and the movie during October, when my fi works around the clock.
    A sort of caberet type concert/play at the Wilma Theater in Philadelphia that was essentially a drag-queen history of Edith Piaf. it was fantastic.
    A camping trip, and Niagara Falls with my fi - our first vacation together!
    Any AWs from 2011? 
    I got the cutest dog in the entire world. Probably adding pics when I update to the January siggy. Oh, and I lost 20 lbs
    Keep losing weight, get married, hike Gros Piton (St Lucia) on our Honeymoon.
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Getting Engaged :D
    Didn't read any..
    Breaking Dawn Part 1
    The Big Bang Theory
    Didn't see any
    No big vacations. But did go to Arizona for a weekend.
    Any AWs from 2011?
    ?? Not sure what this means
    Get Married!! :D Finish remodeling our house!!
    Unplanned BFP#1 12/15/09 7wks m/c 12/24/09 Anniversary image
  • Options
    Getting engaged, natch :)

Hmm... tough one. I'd have to say The Book Thief

The King's Speech - and I also liked The Adjustment Bureau

The Big Bang Theory - I know, I am a little late in the game, but my mom gave me season 1 on DVD and I died laughing. Hilarious! Now I am totally hooked (FI too!) and we are up to season 5 now.

David Hasselhof - hilarious and highly entertaining!

Yes! A South America trip to Chile, Bolivia and Peru

Any AWs from 2011?
    Hmm.. don't think so

To spend some time making photo albums and  spend more time with friends (and less time at the office!).  Oh - and of course getting married :)
  • Options
    Most Life Changing Events: unemployment back to employment; getting engaged; selling and buying a new house

Best Book Read in 2011: Harry Bernstein's "The Invisible Wall," "The Dream," and "The Golden Willow." These books were written when he was 90 and recounted his life as a Jewish kid growing up in England and his family's move to the US.

Favorite Movie in 2011: I don't go out to the movies very often, but I would say "Deathly Hallows P2"

Favorite Show you Watched in 2011: "Once upon a Time" is a favorite.

Best Concert or Play: haven't gone to any in years

Any Vacations you Took in 2011: We took a few camping trips, one being in Maine in August. I did a charity bike ride for MS (50 miles) and got engaged!

Any AWs from 2011? I have no idea what this means....

What are your goals for 2012: get married! Ride my bike more and maybe complete a century by fall.
  • Options
    Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Getting engaged!

Best book(s) you read in 2011? The Abby Cooper, Psychic Eye mystery series. I love me some good chick lit mystery series. :)

Favorite movie you saw in 2011? I really didn't see any movies that came out this year, but I did see PS I Love You and My Sister's Keeper for the first time and loved them both.

Favorite show you watched in 2011? Dexter and Glee. Crazy combo, right? :-P

Best concert or play you saw in 2011? The Woman in Black at The Fortune Theatre in London. It was awesome. I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out next year!

Any vacations you took in 2011? London (my fav since it's where we got engaged :) ), Ireland, and Florida.

Any AWs from 2011? Losing 30lbs and keeping it off for 6 months. Also starting a successful DOC business. 

What are your goals for 2012? Lose another 20-30lbs, have a fabulous wedding, and get my DOC business really rolling so I can quit my day job. :)
  • Options
    Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011?   I got engaged!  Also, I became an aunt for the first time in August!  :)

Best book(s) you read in 2011?   I read a lot of cookbooks and magazines, but I don't think those count :-P

Favorite movie you saw in 2011?   I watched the Lord of the Rings trilogy all the way through for the first time.... best ever!

Favorite show you watched in 2011?   Dexter

Best concert or play you saw in 2011?   Saw my first Cirque du Soleil show the day after Christmas!  We also saw Flogging Molly and that.was.AWESOME!

Any vacations you took in 2011?  Went on an epic camping trip in Utah along the White Rim Trail, then to Telluride, Colorado where my fiance proposed :)  Then to Los Angeles for Christmas (my first time there)

Any AWs from 2011?   uuhh.... paid off my car... does that count?

What are your goals for 2012?   lose 10 pounds (every year, it's the same thing...haha), finish the basement, GET MARRIED!, remember to send birthday cards to all my close friends/family, floss everyday, give handmade gifts more often than store bought ones.
  • Options
    We adopted our puppy Boomer and he's incredible!

Water for Elephants was one of my favorites

Bridesmaids was pretty awesome!

Favorite new show was definitely The League

Didn't see any of either

FI & I went to Maine for a long weekend. It was so nice to go away and not do anything!

Any AWs from 2011? (I think this is basically anything fun you did/got/etc that you'd like to share, or accomplishments, etc)
    Nothing really. 2010 was such a big year (we got engaged, moved, I started a new job) 2011 was pretty low key.

Other than getting married, I hope to start a dual MBA/MS degree program.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Deciding to become a SAHM
    Bossy Pants- Tina Faye
    Glee/ only show anymore
    Glee Live/ only concert. lol
    Toronto 
    All my AWs are mommy realated.
    Finish degree, start masters. Possibly go back to work and of course get married!(finally) 
  • Options
    Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Finishing grad school, packing up and moving from VT back to my hometown in MA.

Nicholas Sparks - Safe Haven.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.

Grey's Anatomy.

Didn't see any this year.
    FI and I took several few day trips to visit my family on MV.

Any AWs from 2011? 
    None that I can think of...

Continue to exercise, eat right and get a job.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Getting engaged, FI coming home from overseas, having the job of my dreams, buying a house

Probably the Hunger Games series

FI and I had a Harry Potter marathon recently and we loved every minute of it

We don't have cable but we recently started watching 'How I Met Your Mother' and love it!!

Jason Mraz, love him!!!

Vegas in February
    U.P. with FI once he came home

Any AWs from 2011?
    Bought a house!!

To just be happy
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • Options
    Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? Getting engaged:)

Best book(s) you read in 2011? "Where are you now"

Favorite movie you saw in 2011? Bridesmaids

Favorite show you watched in 2011? "Once Upon a Time"

Best concert or play you saw in 2011? hmmmmm I dont think i have seen any concert's but maybe the band we saw the night i got engaged!

Any vacations you took in 2011?  Lake Placid 2 weeks before I got engaged:)

hmmm idk haha welcome my lil neice into the world

What are your goals for 2012? To enjoy life, take everyday like its the last, enjoy every minute with the ones i love most, cherish the days i have with my finace:)
  • Options
    Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011? FI moved into my house.  He surprises me all the time by doing things I don't even ask him to do (changes light bulbs, cuts the grass, cleans the shower, it never stops!)  :)

Best book(s) you read in 2011? The Weird Sisters, by Eleanor Brown - it was a nice story about three sisters who approached life very differently.  I picked it up on a whim, at the Borders closing sale.  I liked it.

Favorite movie you saw in 2011?  Breaking Dawn, without a hestiation.  I'm saving Bridesmaids for the night before the wedding.  I plan to watch it with my mom and my sisters.

Favorite show you watched in 2011?  I'm loving Broke Girls.  The slapstick comedy cracks me up.  FI likes it too, eventhough he never admits to liking my shows.  lol

Best concert or play you saw in 2011?  Keith Urban.  He puts on a great show!

Any vacations you took in 2011?  Las Vegas was the only vacation trip we took.  It was....Las Vegas.  lol

Any AWs from 2011? I am finally starting my last semester of college next week.  Can. Not. Wait!

What are your goals for 2012?  Have a fantastic wedding.  Take a romantic honeymoon trip.  Start living the life I was meant to have.  And be HAPPY!

• Options
    DianaL616DianaL616 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    getting engaged! =)
    and getting a job in my career field

The Help

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Desperate Housewives (sooo sad it's the last season)

went to a lot of good concerts but the best was Keith Urban!

no major vacations...just trips to visit family and fun weekend trips to Disney =)

started the year not being a runner with a goal to run one 5K in 2011 and ended up doing 7 races. Now I love running and am training for 15K!

- survive wedding planning
    - earn my medical coder certificate
    - run Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon

Happy New Year!!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Getting engaged! 
    the christmas wedding by james patters
    Harry Potter and the Deatly Hollows part 2 I am so sad its over now I love Harry Potter
    How I met your mother
    I didn't see any :(
    I spent a week at a time share in Las Vegas 
    not sure what this is.  
    To plan my wedding and have the best possible wedding
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wish I could say it was getting engaged, but we got engaged in November 2010.  Nothing really awesome has happened this year, lol
    I really loved the first two books of The Hunger Games trilogy.
    Hmmm, I'd have to say HP and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.
    We started watching Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, and both are fantastic.
    Mute Math!
    I always enjoy my vacation home to NJ to see my family. :)
    Any AWs from 2011? 
    I published my second scientific paper!
    1. Get married (duh).
    2. Eat healthier and be more active.
    3. Finish my PhD!
    4. Find a postdoctoral fellowship or a permanent teaching gig.
    5. Move to a new apartment.
  • Options
    Getting engaged ;)

Waking with enemies by Eric Jerome Dickey

Thor (FI got me into those Marvel movies and I'm actually excited to see the Avengers movie May 4)

Rookie Blue

Mute - Written by my FSIL/Bridesmaid (She's such an amazing playwriter and she hopes to one day make it to Broadway...and she will)

Cuba - (taken with our Best friends)

Paying of my car...yipee

Getting married, buying a house and starting our family!
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011?  FI and I bought our first house.

Best book(s) you read in 2011?  The Help

Favorite movie you saw in 2011?   I actually can't think of any I really enjoyed this year. 

Favorite show you watched in 2011?   Cheesy, but I really like Two Broke Girls

Best concert or play you saw in 2011?   Jersey Boys - Best play I've ever been to!

Any vacations you took in 2011?  Stayed right on the beach for a week down in the Outer Banks.

Any AWs from 2011?   Just got a promotion at work.

What are your goals for 2012?   Get married of course :) Finish settling into the new house, host a big housewarming/BBQ for all our friends and family (post wedding), save up for a winter escape vacation to close out a good 2012. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    MelisMCMelisMC member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most life changing event(s) of your life in 2011?  FI and I bought our first house.

Best book(s) you read in 2011?  The Help

Favorite movie you saw in 2011?   I actually can't think of any I really enjoyed this year. 

Favorite show you watched in 2011?   Cheesy, but I really like Two Broke Girls

Best concert or play you saw in 2011?   Jersey Boys - Best play I've ever been to!

Any vacations you took in 2011?  Stayed right on the beach for a week down in the Outer Banks.

Any AWs from 2011?   Just got a promotion at work.

What are your goals for 2012?   Get married of course :) Finish settling into the new house, host a big housewarming/BBQ for all our friends and family (post wedding), save up for a winter escape vacation to close out a good 2012. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Getting ENGAGED!

The Hunger Games series

Harry Potter, bye bye!

American Horror Story and The Walking Dead

Janet Jackson!

We went to Baltimore/ DC

ALL Wedding things paid off except for rest of decos and catering! Also signed up for my first 15k and training has been great for the bod!

Finish the 15k, finish paying off wedding, get a 2nd car, work on moving to Austin!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I started my senior year of undergrad 

The Pretty Little Liars Series

Horrible Bosses

How I Met Your Mother and Dexter

Didn't see any :(

Las Vegas! :)

None really.. except that I had my best year of school grades wise, while planning a wedding and working :)

Graduate, get married, find a job, find a house, and get fur-babies! :)

• Options
    This year was one of the most challenging years. Lost my grandfather,had a health scare,..glad its over haha.

Im a huge reader but this year had no time. I hope to read more once I graduate this year.

King's Speech

Criminal Minds and Broke Girls

Ingrid Michaelson in NYC

just the jers shore as always :) (south not where snookie goes hha0
    think this is basically anything fun you did/got/etc that you'd like to share, or accomplishments, etc)

Any AWs from 2011?
    Almost done Grad school and my first time at teaching a college class went well my students gave me good remarks! :) 

Due to DR. orders I got to eat healthy and work out more...and we also want to save more money.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards