Georgia-Atlanta

XP: The Pros Photography/Videography

Has anyone used The Pros for wedding photography or videography in Atlanta?  What was your experience with the photographer/videographer?  What did you think of the quality of the photographs/video?  What were the photo albums like?  We are thinking of using them because they are very economical, but I am hesitant since we can't meet or even speak to the professional before the week of the wedding.  We also can't see actual examples of an album.  Thanks.

Re: XP: The Pros Photography/Videography

• edited December 2011
    I don't know anything about them, personally, but not being able to meet with them would make me nervous, as well. Leaves too much up to chance, IMO. How can you figure out of they're the vender for you if you can't meet with them and talk about what you want? Unless they decide to meet with you earlier, I'd pass, personally. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should do a search within the forum about the Pros

Most of the discussions that I've seen have been VERY hit or miss, more likely to miss.

Alot of times, the person that's chosen is either a starting photographer, assistant photographer, or photogs that just aren't good.

Personally, I looked at over 300 photogs before choosing one. What's your budget? I might be able to give you some recs.
  • NICHOLECHULANICHOLECHULA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I heard of the Pros and that is the reason as to why I did not go with them becuase you cant meet with them. However they always keep up with communication via phone but you just miss the fact that you cant walk in and see anyone
  • lorifrank2003lorifrank2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a friend that used them and she was pleased.  I considered using them for my wedding but the fact that I could not meet with my wedding photographer before booking was a deal breaker.  For me the chemistry between the photographer and us is important.  If I would have felt uncomfortable with my photographer it would have come across in all my photos :(  

We were referred to our wedding photographer from a friend on facebook.  He did a fantastic job and his rates were reasonable.  His website is www.chrisbrock.org

Hope this helps!

Lori
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice, guys.  We've decided not to go with The Pros and found a great photog (actually a married couple) we hope to book this week!
  • NICHOLECHULANICHOLECHULA member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thats great
  • silverskylarksilverskylark member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you still need videography, try www.whitedressmedia.com  

They do the cinematic style, shoot everything in HD, offer Blu Ray packages, and can even stream your wedding live online!  :)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards