Texas-Houston
Options

Cake and DJ's

I need recommendations for both of these services. Any help ladies?

Re: Cake and DJ's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    what are your budget constraints?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kakes by Klassic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I want to keep both around 500 but I am finding that damn near impossible
  • Options
    jalafajalafa member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I am using Complete Video & Photography..they do DJ'ing as well.  They are around your price point. Also I'm using Kakes by Kathy and we got both groom and bridal for less than $500..she's VERY reasonable and her cakes taste great. PM me and I will give you her info to check out her website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Eboix518Eboix518 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We used Best Entertainers for DJ cannot remember how much they were $650 maybe?
  • Options
    PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jonny Black Productions. I had a Sunday wedding (5 hour reception)and paid about that much, so a Saturday wedding might be a little bit more.
    And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• Options
    icekitty37icekitty37 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Edible designs by Jessie. We couldnt find cheaper OR better tasting cakes than hers. 100 serving 3 tier cake was $365, delivered.

Our DJ was LG Entertainment and they were $600. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Get a cake from Kroger or HEB... those are actually REALLY YUMMY and they do a very good job with decorating too. :)
    We got my uncles's from Kroger. it was so pretty, all white, we just added the real roses for a touch of color :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with miss67c - the kroger on west gray does really good cakes!  As for Dj's $500 is perfectly reasonable.  I think I paid $600 for ours (DJ Madd Hatta from 97.9) - we found really GREAT DJ deals at the Bridal Extravaganza.
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake was from Cakes Houston on Louetta in Spring. They had the cheapest cakes I found in Houston. AND they throw in the grooms cake {regular round, decorated} for free. OH and since Madame Mod mentioned HEB, Sam's cakes are DELISH!!! IDK if they do wedding cakes, though.

Cakes Houston's number is 281-251-4429.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes Sam's has the best cakes and cupcakes also. They do 30 cupcakes for $12.50 and they also have 10"round cakes all white for $12.99. Don't quote me on that, but that's what I'm doing for my wedding I estimated it to be under $80 bucks.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Dj Sounds by Mario for our wedding in Sept, he charged around $75/hr, played the spanish/english songs we requested, he was great, his # is: 832 665-6049 if you want to call/text him for a quote
    TTC Jan 2011, me: 30, DH 32. Unexplained IF. Aug 2012- Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 08/21, IUI 08/22= BFN. Feb 2013: Bravelle/Ovidrel, IUI 02/20, IUI 02/21= BFN.
  • Options
    veggienatveggienat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alphorn Bakery is very reasonable and delicious!  But I have also never eaten a cake from Sam's that wasn't excellent.  Best of luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards