Favors

Wedding favor budget

Can anyone give me some advise on how much to spend on the favors?  Is there an average dollar amount per favor that is appropriate?  I don't want to over pay but I don't want to cheap out either.  Thanks!

Re: Wedding favor budget

• trix1223trix1223 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The correct amount is what you can afford to spend.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • flamingtwig72flamingtwig72 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it depends on what kind of wedding you're having. I went to a backyard wedding where the favors were hershey's kisses strewn about the table. My wedding will be black tie, and we're giving bottles of wine. So it should match the formality of your wedding (and be in your budget and be edible).
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks so much.  I really agree about the ediable favors.  I found these really cute mini cakes that were about $6.00 a peice.  I thought that was a pretty good price since I have been finding that cookies run about $3 to $7 a peice.

Thanks for responding!
  • graysquirrelgraysquirrel member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to do $1 each for a budget wedding.
    Photobucket
  • CA2MT4EveRCA2MT4EveR member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_wedding-favor-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:27Discussion:8bddf206-da67-48a3-90a3-cb788ea03632Post:f25fbf95-4bd7-4c62-bf36-8301ae0063a3">Re: Wedding favor budget</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thanks so much.  I really agree about the ediable favors.  I found these really cute mini cakes that were about $6.00 a peice.  I thought that was a pretty good price since I have been finding that cookies run about $3 to $7 a peice. Thanks for responding!
    Posted by cph1122[/QUOTE]

To me, that is an insane amount of money to spend on cookies or mini cakes.  Are you having a typical wedding cake, and this is something they can take home?  As a guest, I would rather you take that money and use it towards a better meal, more alcohol, or more time with the dj/band.   I don't need to take anything other than the memory home with me.
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • edited December 2011
    I am making ceramic tile coasters, and for four per couple it is costing me 1.00. So I think I am doing pretty good. I can not afford even 3.00 a person.
  • edited December 2011
    farmtowngirl, where are you getting the coasters? And any other 1/per guest ideas?
  • edited December 2011
    I am actually buying the ceramic tiles at our local Habit for Humanity store, but they have them on sale at menards right now for 11 cents a piece.
  • edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding favor budget : To me, that is an insane amount of money to spend on cookies or mini cakes.  Are you having a typical wedding cake, and this is something they can take home?  As a guest, I would rather you take that money and use it towards a better meal, more alcohol, or more time with the dj/band.   I don't need to take anything other than the memory home with me.
    Posted by CA2MT4EveR[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% my guests would shot me if I spent $6 on a cookie or cake instead of offering Grey Goose over well brand vodka.

If you are having 100 people, skipping the $6 cake give you and extra $600 or other things that matter like food, alcohol, music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards