Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Gift for Host Couples for Coed Shower

We are having a coed shower/party with 3 couples hosting.  I've read lots of replies on hostess thank you gifts for showers not being necessary, but where I come from, they are.  Anyone have ideas for gifts for the couples hosting or just aim it towards the girl (since I know they've been doing all the planning anyway)? 

That being said, I'm having 5 (yes, that's right, 5) different showers because my fiance and I live somewhere different from the different towns we grew up in, etc.  So I'd like to keep things around $10-15 per person, since I'll need to buy about 15 gifts total.   For the other showers I am planning on doing a cute umbrella with a monogram on it, along with a hand written note.  But I wasn't sure about for this one.  I'm not sure the boys care, but they certainly wouldn't like or want their own umbrellas!

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Re: Gift for Host Couples for Coed Shower

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What about a shower recovery gift for the others. With alcohol, caffeine, and chocolate. That seems like it wouldn't be just geared toward the girls since the guys can still enjoy it as well. Just a thought!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_gift-host-couples-coed-shower?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:32Discussion:dd94b5fc-8c43-4323-9c13-168e3cf29c05Post:883008f9-ccef-4959-b43d-fd276fb4a7d9">Re: Gift for Host Couples for Coed Shower</a>:
    [QUOTE]What about a shower recovery gift for the others. With alcohol, caffeine, and chocolate. That seems like it wouldn't be just geared toward the girls since the guys can still enjoy it as well. Just a thought!
    Posted by erinlynnmccrea[/QUOTE]

I actually love this idea.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a great idea, I agree.  Super cute, and all these guys would really like that, for sure.  Thanks for the suggestion. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards