Getting in Shape
Options

Yummy treat

Homemade popsicles

I know it is cooling down for most of you, but keep this in mind for summer. They are really good and you could probably cut the sugar in half, they were quite sweet. I can't see much unhealthy with them besides the sugar, which as I said could be cut in half. I will be snacking on these all summer and I can't wait to try different flavours of tea. Strawberry and kiwifruit is going to be next.

5 teaspoons of loose leaf fruit tea (I used peach and apricot)
300ml boiling water
3 - 4 tablespoons sugar, to taste (I used 3 and it was plenty
2 cups frozen raspberries (I used mixed berries)

Place tea in a heatproof jug and pour on boiling water.  Add sugar and stir to dissolve.  Allow to steep for 30 minutes or longer.  Strain liquid.  Taste for sweetness and adjust if necessary.
In a food processor, whiz raspberries and tea for about 20 seconds.  Pour into popsicle moulds and freeze until solid.  The mix may be frozen in a container and stirred while still mushy then frozen to make a refreshing sorbet

Re: Yummy treat

• Options
    Sounds good! You're so lucky that it's summer! Btw I have to admit I forgot where you lived... Was it Australia or NZ?
    The weather over here in Germany sucks big time :(
  • Options
    This would actually probably be good without the sugar at all, it would take on the natural sweetness of the berries.
  • Options
    I just re-read the recipe. You're right Nebb. That's not a lot of liquid and I never sweeten tea or berries, so it should be fine without sugar. Thanks for mentioning it!
  • Options
    Dazzeled, I'm in New Zealand. We had a really miserable winter, I swear it rained non stop for 4 months. I'm happy its summer

Nebb, they would probably taste fine with no sugar, they were pretty sweet.
  • Options
    Im really wanting to try that truvia sweetener, i dont know if they have it down on your end of the planet. I wonder if it would taste good with that.
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know Bubble :)

And Nebb, I'd also like to try sweetening stuff with Truvia. Unfortunately, as far as I know stevia based sweeteners haven't been allowed by the German government yet. I guess they want to do more research on the effects or something along those lines. However, people can grow it themselves. FI bought some seeds a few weeks ago and we planted them recently. I'm really curious if it's gonna work...
  • Options
    Hmm, let me know if it works steph, that sounds interesting!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_yummy-treat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:2e613f39-9ee0-4a3f-a8f4-5dfbb961ff6ePost:bc9f1c01-b5dd-4e39-860f-c1d6f16b1889">Re: Yummy treat</a>:
    [QUOTE]Im really wanting to try that truvia sweetener, i dont know if they have it down on your end of the planet. I wonder if it would taste good with that.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]

We have nothing in this country, I doubt we have that. I was thinking about trying a bit of honey next time, not great, but at least its natural.
  • Options
    This sounds delicious; I agree with Nebb that it could probably be good even without the sugar, because there seems to be enough sweetness from all the fruit :]  Thanks for posting!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Closed on our house 4-15-11!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards