Illinois-Chicago

help! Destination wedding dress

we are getting married in the bahamas this coming january and i have had no luck with dress shopping. i found one at macys that i had to have shipped in the correct size but ended up not working out. where are you ladys finding dresses? because its a beach wedding i'm obviously looking for a short dress and i'm so afraid because fall and winter coming up i'm going to be out of luck with short dresses. i've been searching on davids bridal, evas bridal, house of brides and even stores like arden b and windsor that carry formal kind of dresses. does anybody have suggestions?? i live in orland but am very willing to travel. bridal stores, regular stores, even good websites. thanks ladies!!

Re: help! Destination wedding dress

• fashionxfashionx member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at the wedding dresses from J Crew and Ann Taylor? I believe they are online only, but the J Crew on Michigan *might* have them in their store. I think I heard that somewhere, so call first because I'm not 100%. BCBG might also have some nice options as well.
    Nov 2011 Brides - Fav Cocktail
    Pomegranate Margarita
  • bellaluna290bellaluna290 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you checked Nordstroms online? They have a pretty decent selection of nicely priced wedding gowns that might fit your needs.
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I second Nordstoms, Ann Taylor, and J. Crew.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My food blog!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    June 2012 September Siggy Challenge
  • edited December 2011
    tried all those places online, even BCBG. found a couple, but either not in my size or not what i'm looking for :(
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Jcrew at 900 North Michigan does have wedding dresses but only in samples sizes, just like all other bridal stores. And you have to make an appt.

Depending on your budget, I would go to Belle Vie bridal downtown. I think its on Chestnut. Its a little bit pricey but it has a huge range of styles. I am sure you could find a short dress there.

I got my dress from Bella Bianca in Oakbrook. While I didnt try on any short dresses they did hvae at least 4 displayed in the window. I would really recommend them and they are at a more moderate price point.

Hvae you considered priscilla of boston? in oak brook. I think you can check out most of there collection online.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • joo6758joo6758 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you have an idea of what you want or like several dresses and want to put them into one I would consider going custom. I went custom for my dress and got exactly what I wanted and even more than buying one that was already made. My bridal designer is amazing, and is flexible with budgets and creative with dress ideas to make sure you look the best on your wedding day. info@taylorwilsonstyle.com. Good luck!
  • HandBananaHandBanana member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend where I went for my dress.  It is a sample shop filled with unique dresses of all kinds.  It is run by this woman Bonnie who is incredibly amazing.  The Bridal Shop in Naperville.  I went there with my mother and grandmother.  She ended up picking out a dress for me to try based on a few I picked out.  It ended up being the dress.  http://thebridalboutiqueofnaperville.com/
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards