January 2013 Weddings

Housing woes

Okay, so FI and I are trying to buy a house. We are pre-approved, but at this rate, the houses in our price range are all foreclosures. Which on top of that, we have a special guaranteed loan that could push closing process our 45 days or more. And foreclosures take longer too because of the way banks typically sell them. so grrrrr...just mad. We may be living out in the boonies longer than either of us would like. rah! Hopefully we can find something we like today and can get moving on it before the holidays. we'll see though.

Re: Housing woes

• Just make sure you have a great real estate agent who has had a lot of success with foreclosure purchases.  It can make a HUGE difference!  I had to sell my home as a short sale last spring and my agent was a rock star!

Good luck Heroes! 
  • Maybe in the meantime you could rent month-to-month? Not ideal, but better than spending newlywed days with family..

That sounds super stressful. I keep us updated! Maybe there will be something that opens up just in time :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ugh! We are in the same process....

We were working on a contract for a house that we loved, and things got finshy right before closing so we backed out.... Now we are back at square one.

We just saw another one that I can totally see us in, and put in an offer today. But it is a foreclosure... which essentially means a bidding war. As of now, there are 5 offers on the house and it has only been on the market for 4 days! They will likely wait until the two week mark, and have all of us re-offer at our highest price... Not likely that we will get it, which pushes back the house hunt another two weeks really..

Good luck heroes! I feel your pain!
  • Yeah, everything we saw tonight sucked... One of the houses would have been perfect were it not for the $40,000 in foundations repairs it needed. But our realtor seems to be pretty on top of things. Only problem is we may be living in my Great-grandparents house in Mannford much longer than we want to be. :(
  • Heroes, I feel for you. House hunting can be very frustrating, but glad to hear you found a good realtor, it seriously made all the difference for us!
  • I'm sorry...been there, done that.  We are just renting an apartment now.  Prob try again within a year or two.  It's crazy expensive and a royal pain!  We searched all Summer long and all it caused me was disappointment. 
    I know the right house is out there for you guys and us!!  It's al about timing.
    God is Faithful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards