Outdoor Weddings
Options

November Michigan Wedding

I'm planning a wedding for November 12, 2011 in central/northern Michigan - I need to know what you all think about the weather - I'm aware that it may be a little chilly, but only the ceremony will be outdoors and then our pictures. How did you November wedding pictures turn out? I'm trying to nail down the date - thanks!

Re: November Michigan Wedding

• Options
    I would really consider pushing up your date if you plan to have an outdoor ceremony.  I would at the very least have an indoor back up location and go into it with the attitude that moving indoors is ok too!  I was married outside during the second weekend in October in Northern Ohio and the temperature was in the mid 50's.  This was cool and all of our guests were wearing coats/jackets.

I googled Detroit's average high temperature for Novemeber: 47.8 Degrees.  If you are even more north, I would expect the average temp to be lower obviously.  I think that there is a good chance that it might be too cold.  Keep in mind too, that even though your ceremony may be short and sweet, your guests may be outside for over an hour when you consider early arrivals and people mingling after.

If your heart is set on November, I would just take some outdoor photos.  You can still have that be a part of your day but your guests won't be cold!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Thanks for the feedback - we were thinking to let early arrivals sit inside with hot cider if it's exceptionally chilly. =) Great ideas!
  • Options
    Meghan, there is a local board (see link on left) for locations in Michigan (Lansing, Detroit, Grand Rapids). Join the local boards and they may also be able to help you.

I agree with the prior posters though. It can be coooooooold. LOL
  • Options
    FI and I thought about an outdoor Michigan wedding in the fall and decided against it because of the unpredictability of Michigan Fall.  I have pictures of snow on Halloween and definately snow on Thanksgiving.  If you are going to have an outdoor ceremony you will need to make it super short and have a warm up plan. 

That being said, somewhere on one of the wedding sites, I saw a winter outdoor wedding in Colorado that was beautiful and the guests seemed to enjoy it.  I would google outdoor winter wedding and see what you can find.  The bride was wearing a long satin skirt and a beautiful cream turtle neck sweater.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards