Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions
Options

First dance song question.

So I have decided that I will be walking down the aisle to the piano part of The fray's Never say Never. I love the piano and the song, and I was thinking it would be a cool parallel to have that song be our first dance. However I am concerned about the lyrics. The first verse is "Some things we don't talk about, Rather do without and just hold the smile. Falling in and out of love, ashamed and proud of, together all the while" Which I think is kinda down for a wedding, but the second verse, I really like. "picture you're the queen of everything, far as the eye can see, under your command. I will be your guardian, when all is crumbling, steady your hand." I really like what that means and really sums up what I believe a marriage should be. SO what do you think?

Re: First dance song question.

• Options
    kls114kls114 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    If you LOVE it then go for it! Don't stress the lyrics! All that matters is that it is a song you and your FI love and connect with! P.S. Love the dress & color in your siggy!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't worry about that part, because as long as the over-all song is how you want it then that's what you should think about. We're going to request that the DJ play "My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson, but we've never broken up or fought very badly or anyone of the bad stuff, we just both know that our lives would suck without the other!
  • Options
    pag41989pag41989 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it is a great song... I would not worry about the lyrics. We are using Guardian Angel by the Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and some of the lyrics are iffy as well but we are not worried about it :)p.s. I picked out the same exact bridesmaid dress! (except in apple)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
     philsphan philsphan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

This is a suggestion for you (if still considering your 1st Dance Song, etc?).

It's a Brand New song (released Feb 2nd, 2010) entitled "Always Love".

Lyrics are perfect for formal 1st Dance, played/sung in the style of The Beatles, Van Morrison, etc.. Running time is 2-minutes 45-seconds.

Preview at the link below:

http://www.cdfreedom.com/artists/journeymanrecords/catalog/alwayslove/

Best of luck with your upcoming wedding plans!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards