New York-New York City
Options

Excited!!

Hi ladies.  I am brand new to this board.  My name is Anne and I will be getting married this October!! :)  Whoop!!  I am starting the planning process and I do not know where to begin:/  I know that Craig and I will be getting married in the city and we have a date picked out (October 20).  What should I do first? 

Re: Excited!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

determine your budget and find a venue.  

congrats and good luck!

• Options
    smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Best wishes. 
    PIck a date
    Choose venues to look at
    and then the other vendors will fall into place.
    When you need recommendations just let us know.
  • Options
    alisonzalisonz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Def budget first! It will help to draft a guest list so you can figure out what size space you need and how much you want to spend per person.

Congrats!

alison + irene | 10-10-10 | Studio 450

My Big Fat Gay Wedding

Pro Photos
  • Options
    MrsKocalMrsKocal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats!  October is the busiest month for weddings in NY, so you need to find a venue that is available for your date (or be flexible about the date) before you do anything else.  Good luck!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker imageimage
  • Options
    anniebeewedanniebeewed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sad to say but definitely determine your budget first. It's great to be realistic with what amount of money you'll be able to play around with rather than be bummed out that you've run out of moola...
    Setting the date and getting the venue lifts off about 50% of the uncertainty. After that, visualizing your big day becomes easier and easier!
    Good luck planning!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards