Military Brides
Options

Devine

Hi lady. I saw your post about mad men and was wondering if you knew that he had raped her? I don't necessarily think she kicked him out because of the war. I think it was an acceptable (to her) reason to get out of a relationship with her rapist. Anyway, I love the show! Let's have mad men chats on Monday's!
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Devine

• Options
    edited April 2012

PLEASEEEE lets have MAD MEN MONDAY!!!!!!!!

Can we talk about Don choking the shiit out of whatshername? I was like CRAP THIS ISN'T HAPPENING! And then, it really didn't happen. Kind of disappointed.

ETA: ha ha... thread jacker... party of ME! Embarassed

• Options
    Cab- in his dream she mentioned him cheating on his wife at Lincoln center while his wife waited for him. Do you think it was Megan or Betty? I love this show.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ughhh, IDK! I want to say it was Betty, but that would kind of be awesome if it was Megan. Cause after her little zube-zube crap, she gets on my nerves a lil. She's not as bad as Betty, but she's still so annoying sometimes. Besides, Don Draper isn't Don Draper if he isn't bangin' chicks.
  • Options
    Yes, I almost called him Dr. Rapist earlier to CAB, but I thought that might require a lot more explanation to people who didn't know what I was talking about. I don't like him, never have, mainly because as bad as Roger is I want them together, but it was something about that episode that made me think of him as a (deeply flawed) person. I mean, the rape is pretty much all I've remembered him for. That, and being an ass. I do think he and Joan's relationship has always been built on a house of cards. I think she's finally realized that she can take care of her life without a man, and I do think that may have something to do with her being around her mother, who seems to have done the same thing. 

I am an on-the-record hater of Megan, and I had the same thought as Hike about which wife was waiting in Lincoln Center. It's not that I want Don to be a bastard so much as Don has major control issues with women.

I actually have to say that I like Grandma Pauline now. I don't think she's perfect, but I do think Sally is both really spoiled and really neglected and Pauline senses that and is trying the only way she knows how to undo some of Betty's parenting. I mean, Pauline does apologize for smacking Sally's hand, which has probably never happened before, and she also talks to Sally and seems to listen and have a conversation, which I've never seen Sally really get to do. 

What do you guys think of Ginsburg? I like him as a foil for Peggy, and he has that quality that Don used to have, that easiness with the ideas and convincing clients. And, yes, I would love a Mad Men Monday. 
  • Options
    I REALLY like Ginsburg! That scene last week with his dad really won me over on that character. I love that that scene was similar to the scenes where they first show Peggy's family, do you agree?

So, I know it's obvious that Joan's baby is Roger's, but I am wondering how she got away with getting Dr. Rapist to believe it was his? I mean, He had been gone for like 7 weeks when she got pregnant, right? I am pretty confused about that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards