February 2012 Weddings

Everything was going ok.....

And then my fmil emailed me. The email would have been perfectly great and happy had she not thrown in the part about making a reserved seating place card for the stupid best mans flavor of the week and her 12 month old baby at the head table... Not happening. Go ahead and rip me a new one for it, dont care, still not happening. ABout 4 minutes after that, my kiddo's school calls me. My son threw a snowball at my youngest daughter... She has a ginormous black eye...its HORRIBLE... black and blue, across her face and nose... its AWFUL..... :(
You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
144 Are Most Definitly Ready to Celebrate image
55 Are Missing Out or Couldnt Find Their Mailbox image
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Everything was going ok.....

•  NOOOOOOO!!! That's too much!!! OK, step back. Ignore your FMIL 'cause that's work you don't have time to do, hug your daughter and remember that young skin heals fast  -- so give her lots of water and have some yourself so both your faces are glowing and beautiful on the day of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • tell your mil that at this point, arrangements are set. this should have been address WEEKS ago and that vendors have been paid and the seating is done.

i had to do this to my stepmother's stepmother (i know i know, what the heck kind of relation is that?). i had sent her and her family an invitation. i asked for people to rsvp by nov. 30th. jan. 15 (5 days before i have to pay things off with my venue and reception site) i call her and ask if she is coming since she hadn't responded at all. she thought for a minute and said yes, she would be coming. i asked if she was bringing anyone else. she said no.

then, last week, she tells my stepmother that she is bringing her son and he wants to know if he can bring his girlfriend. she assumed this would be ok because the invitation was extended to her and her family.

thank goodness my stepmom said, "no, you can't do that." i felt like a jerk, but stuff was set and paid for. they made arrangements to meet somewhere not in vegas and spend some time together after the wedding (my stepmom is a genius when it comes to getting her way).

deep breath, it is going to be ok. you are right to stick to your guns.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My fiance brought it up to his dad last night when they met to pick up the labels ( we live about an hour apart so they met in the middle) I'm not sure what all exactly he said to his dad, but what HE told me was , his dad agreed with us about not seating her there, and that he wouldnt worry about it.  I dont think my fiance told me everything about the conversation LMAO but I know that's in my best interest. His mom called me later to apologize and make sure I wasnt upset ( yes, i was livid, but I was gracious on the phone) She was like well you could put her at one of the reserved tables, NO, I can not,and I will not, everything is all set already.. It's a very sore subject, this girl has been shoved down my throat and Im tired of it. It's great the dude finally found someone stupid enough to sleep with him, but Im really beyond sick of her being pushed in my face wedding wise.. Theyve now also invited her to the bachelorette party ( that im not even sure is being planned anymore ) ALONG WITH HER 12 MONTH OLD BABY... BABIES DO NOT BELONG AT BACHELORETTE PARTIES!! I'm sorry , but she's someone Ive met once, theyre not in a serious relationship, and Franky Im BEYOND sick of the best man ( my fiances brother) screaming at us that if he doesnt get his way regarding her he isnt coming to the wedding and wont be the best man.. Um OK :) I AM SERIOUSLY GREAT WITH THAT.My fiance is actually great with it too, but doesnt want issues and drama with his family about it. Even fiances mom isnt real happy about it all but shes trying to be gracious and i understand that, but if i dont get to throw 2 yr old temper tantrums when i dont get my way, neither does he. He has literally screamed at us about how she has to be at rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, I get flack from his dad about letting people invite their SPOUSES to the rehearsal dinner , but we're supposed to include the chick who wasnt even a thought in everything now?how is that fair? Our plus one policy was engaged, married, living together got a plus one. They are neither. She doesnt even live in the same state as us, but everything now has to revolve around her and how we can accomodate her and her baby.. (not the best mans child either) I love kids, I do. I love them so much that i have SIX of them :) (yes same father lol divorce happens) but kids dont belong at our  head table, or bachelorette parties. And the one and only time Ive met the girl and her baby, EVERYONE ELSE was watching him, pulling him off of christmas presents, and making sure he wasnt messing, and she sat on her butt or was outside smoking with the best man. Needless to say I wasnt impressed. pay attention to your children people. You had em, you raise em. My fiances family will need to be there in pictures and participating in the wedding stuff, not babysitting this girls  baby while she goes outside to smoke. Did I mention it was a sore subject? But, I did get to talk to fmil and make sure she understood I wont be changing the seating arraingments, and that she was ok with that. The best man isnt getting any special favors. He has done too much to try to sabotage my fiance and my relationship over this past year, including trying to drag a woman my fiance knew before me into it. He has tried to cause endless problems. Why is he the best man/still the best man? Cus according to the knotties you dont kick people out LMAO. And because it's my fiances brother and he doesnt want more family drama by kicking him out. So he and I both suck it up and just plug along. NO matter what the bm has done, my fiance and I arent letting him get the best of us, but we also arent going to do him any special favors. Their parents are paying for rehearsal dinner, so they can call the shots on that. The wedding, we are, so we get to call the shots there. Anyway , let the madness begin, flights arriving today a million appointments and WOW wedding time!!!!! Thanks for letting me vent in one big long paragraph ;)
    You can't argue with the universe..Well, you can, it just doesn't get you anywhere.

199 Are Invitedimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh, and the shiner is looking more and more awful by the minute :( poor kiddo, if anyone can rock the black eye in a dress itll be my hannah girl :)

199 Are Invitedimage
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Those black eyes do get worse before they get better. Water, compress, sleep. I promise it'll get better.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards