Massachusetts
Options

England to Masschusetts

Hello, I am originally from New York, but now I live in London, England and I am looking to get married in Massachusetts (preferable Western Mass). I know! Could I make things any more complicated for myself? Could anyone suggest a wedding venue for about 100/120 people with accommodation onsite or nearby?
Aimee & Steve

Re: England to Masschusetts

• Options
    mel8983mel8983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear that Hotel Northampton is very nice! http://www.hotelnorthampton.com/weddings
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you are looking for something rustic, check out Bucksteep Manor in Washington, MA. It's very pretty there and they have 22 rooms on site along with a stone chapel, permanent dinner tent, and a barn/bar for receptions. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Western Mass is a really big area, do you have any cities you are specifically looking at?The Hotel Northampton is really nice, however in order to get the Grand Ballroom, which is the"nice" part there is a minimum of 135 guests, they will included vendors in that number if you are short.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for your suggestions so far. I suppose I should have been more specific of area, which would be the Berkshire area and a bit beyond. I know this area from family holidays, but I don't know the venues.
    Aimee & Steve
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out the Cranwell it is beautiful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Agreed- Cranwell is beautiful. A few other venues in the area that I looked at are:SantarellaThe MountPittsfield Country ClubRace Brook LodgeChesterwoodGedney FarmWilliams InnGood luck on your search! Keep us posted on where you choose- I am getting married in the Berkshires September 25, 2010!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I got married at the Harding Allen Estate in Barre Ma it was a beautiful venue with English gardens something coming from England that you might like. The prices were very reasonable they customized a package that fit my reception budget. ceremony, reception overnight stay all in one place! owner planner chef, Grace was so easy to work with too!  best of luck with your search
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should contact a wedding planner to help you plan your wedding from over sees. They can help you with venues, florists, photographers, videographers. You name it!

Jennifer
    Weddings by a King
    www.weddingsbyaking.com
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards