California-Orange County
Options

Anyone had their wedding at Fullerton Hillcrest Terrace?

I'm having my wedding there, and I don't know what to do with the sound system. They have strict rule about the sound system (according to the policy), they don't allow Public Addressed system, and we are to keep everything very quiet.
Anyone had wedding there? Any suggestion?
It's a small outdoor wedding with 120 people.

Re: Anyone had their wedding at Fullerton Hillcrest Terrace?

• Options
    In Response to Anyone had their wedding at Fullerton Hillcrest Terrace?:

I am also getting married at Fullerton Hillcrest Terrace this summer, and we had several conversations with the city before we booked the site.  They mentioned that a city staff memeber is required to be there, and he/she will help to monitor the noise level so that residents in the area don't call the cops about the noise.  I'm not sure who would be so mad as to call the cops on a Saturday evening and demand that a wedding be shut down (after all, the music must stop by 9:00), but I understand the concern.  My fiance and I actually took a pretty large stereo to the terrace and set it where the band/dj will be, then went down to the street to measure the decible level.  You can have the music pretty loud without going over their required limit.  I think unless you're planning on having the music so loud that guests can hardly hear each other (or loud rock music), you should be fine.  My wedding is July 7, so if yours is after that date, I'll post again and tell you how it went.  We're having a live jazz band and dj after, so if we can pass our music off I think anyone can. ;)
  • Options
    We are looking at Hillcrest also and my FI has the same concerns about the music. We're getting married October 2013 so please post how your wedding goes next month. And Congrats to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards