Illinois-Chicago
Options

buckingham fountain ceremony

Is or does anyone know anyone getting married at the Buckingham fountain on June 2 2013? Just wondering how many shared the same idea and I'm a bit nervous about summer crowds at that time...think it may be crowded? Ample or no parking?
****The Future Mrs. Ikeard**** wedding countdown

Re: buckingham fountain ceremony

• Options
    loca4pookloca4pook member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited November 2012
    1) Parking is going to cost your guests at least 15.00 most likely. there is most likely NOT free parking around there.

2) Buckingham Fountain is one of the most popular tourist spots, there WILL be other people surrounding you for sure.

3) what is your back up plan for the wedding if it rains or is windy (the fountain blows in strong winds)?

4) did you get a permit? you might need one
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_illinois-chicago_buckingham-fountain-ceremony?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:72Discussion:deafea37-ecc2-413b-bd7a-9879e9f3d25cPost:4563b1c1-ffcc-4ae1-866a-1f61a20f5047">Re: buckingham fountain ceremony</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) Parking is going to cost your guests at least 15.00 most likely. there is most likely NOT free parking around there. 2) Buckingham Fountain is one of the most popular tourist spots, there WILL be other people surrounding you for sure. 3) what is your back up plan for the wedding if it rains or is windy (the fountain blows in strong winds)? 4) did you get a permit? you might need one
    Posted by loca4pook[/QUOTE]

All of this. There is no free parking. I wanted to do some pictures there and we nixed the ideas because of crowds and parking. And you do need a permit from the city.

Have you ever been there when you fountain is shooting the water really high? It happens the first 20 miutes of every hour and depending on the wind you can get really wet. I wouldnt want to risk getting soaked in my wedding dress or my guests getting soaked.

Also every segway tour in town drives around that area, and I wouldnt want that noise in the background while I was saying my vows.

I would consider a different plan.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards