Iowa-Quad Cities

115 days until the wedding and the VENUE cancels on me!

My wedding is May 4th and yesterday about this time, my FI got a phonecall that the Clarion hotel in Muscatine (where we live) is laying off all their event staff and can no longer host our reception.  We've had this booked for a year now!  

So we were left scrambling.  But we managed to find something already! Our wedding reception will now be at the suite level of Modern Woodmen Park.  I am so relieved yet so stressed!  This affects all of our food and beverage plans - so those need to get figured out.  Our centerpieces may no longer work (they were specific to having a mix of round and rectangular tables and specific to Muscatine).  

Basically, things are working out. But I have a LOT of work to do.  
I just wanted to tell everyone to avoid the Clarion hotel chain! I certainly will be from now on in my life!! I'm just disgusted.  

Re: 115 days until the wedding and the VENUE cancels on me!

• We were booked at Whispering Pines and that's starting to fall through now, too! Our wedding is June 29 and the owner sold to a church. Now we're not sure if they'll allow alcohol, and they've done some painting that now clashes with our colors. Ugh.
  • Flowers weren't specific to Muscatine - buttons are though!  We're incorporating buttons in our centerpieces, since Muscatine used to be the "Button Capital".

swilson - I'm sorry that's happening to you! 

It's just so frustrating that contracts don't seem to matter anymore... 
  • the clarion in davenport is going to do the same thing this month just an fyi
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards