Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

MOB dresses....

What length/color dresses are your MOB and MOG's wearing?

I am having an evening reception but somewhat laidback attire. My mom would prefer to wear a knee-length dress. My MIL wants to wear long - she says that's what most mothers wear. I could care less. Would it be weird if they wore different lengths? Does the MOB typically make this decision?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: MOB dresses....

• Options
    flyersgirl436flyersgirl436 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
      My mom is wearing a long dress, but my FMIL is wearing a cocktail length dress. I don't see any problem with it, but then I feel that whatever everyone's most comfortable in is best! I say go with it if your okay with it! It's your wedding!
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am letting both wear whatever they want. They both know what they are most comfortable wearing and I want them to be happy. The MOG is wearing a knee-length gold dress. My mom has yet to choose her dress, even though the wedding is in 20 days (stress!).
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ah, Bean your mom hasn't gotten her dress yet!?

My mom is wearing knee length and my MIL is wearing long. It definitely does not matter!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom will be wearing long. Probably midnight blue. No clue about MIL, she said she would pick after my mom. Most likely long b/c we are having black tie.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Mom is wearing a long blue dress and FMIL is wearing a knee length dusty rose colored dress. I didn't care if they were the same length - I told them whatever they felt most comfortable in.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Okay good - I told them both to choose what they feel comfortable in. I think they are more worried about matching than I am.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom wore long and my MIL wore just below the knee.  

My mom had both of knees replaced and wanted to cover her scars.  

It looked fine.  

I had more issues with guest attire TBH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom just got her dress - cocktail length. She looks wonderful. My FMIL will probably wear knee-length.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    can't remember what MIL wore....but I took my mom to David's Bridal like 2 days before the wedding because I didn't like the dress she had. We ended up gettin gher a ver fashionable dress. It was dark purple, long, almost like a taffeta type of material with 1 shoulder. She looked phenomal.
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards