New York
Options

Menu

Our caterer sent us a first draft of our menu last night and I am dying with excitement! I just wanted to share with you girls, and ask for honest feedback. What sounds good? What doesn't?? We are going for an upscale BBQ type food theme served buffet style. Let me know! Yay!!

- Kate

With Cocktails:   Bountiful Food Display: Fresh Cut Vegetables, Herb Dip in Carved Cabbages Local Cheeses, Artisan Breads, Flatbread Crackers, Variety of Crackers House-made Smoked and Grilled Chicken Sausages, Sweet Mustard Dip Creole Spiced Jumbo Shrimp Steamed in Ale, Sriraccha Cocktail Sauce Smashed Fingerling Potato Fries, Thousand Island Dip   Passed Hors D’oeuvres: Asparagus Tempura, Ginger Wasabi Teriyaki Dip Creamy Macaroni and Cheese on Edible Cracker Spoons French Gruyere Leek and Chard Tart Squares Smoked Salmon Tartar on Sourdough Toast Rounds   On the Dinner Buffet:   Smoked Spice Rubbed Texas Brisket Peanut Chipotle Barbeque Sauce   Grilled Chicken Breast Tournedos, Wrapped in Peppered Bacon Pomegranate Demi-Glace   Roasted Vegetable Stack on a Manchego Polenta Rounds   Honey Rum Baked Pinto Beans   Succotash Salad with Corn, Chopped Tomato and Lima Beans Basil Chiffonade   Pappardelle Salad with Spring Green Vegetables: Broccoli Florets, Snap Peas, Baby Peas, Green Onion, Chopped Dill   Farmer’s Market Salad Early Greens and Whatever We Find at The Market This Morning Artisan Croutons, Shaved Asiago Cheese, Roasted Tomato Vinaigrette   Crusty Breads and Rolls, Butter and Olive Oil   Dessert and Coffee   Passed Trays of Mini Fruit Tarts and Chocolate-Covered Strawberries   Wedding Cake (By Host)   Coffee Service

Re: Menu

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Im hungry :) Just a question about the sausage for cocktail hour...are they little sausages with a toothpick? I would assume so. If theyre not, I would reconsider that cuz standing around having to fork and knife at your food sucks.

And the first dinner menu had peanuts. I would do a general making sure that you dont have any peanut allergies coming, or make sure the sauce and food to match it are seperate from other foods while being cooked. If possible. Just a thought cuz I had some food allergies at my wedding.

Otherwise....I might sneak and and steal food during your wedding! :p

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sbolger17sbolger17 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds so good!!

Is the vegetable stack on polenta a side or an entree for vegetarians?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mac and cheese... On an edible SPOON?! Holy eff please invite me
  • Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bah! That's what I said about the cracker spoon! My sister would like one for her whole dinner!

Good point about allergies- I will have to look into that.

The veg stack on polenta is a side, but my sister and I are vegetarians so I wanted to make sure there were some good substantial side dish options.

Thank you for the feedback- I am so so so super excited! I've been waiting all summer for wedding season to die down so the caterer would have time to make the menu- so worth the wait!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second the mac-n-cheese option-- sounds AMAZING!

I think it all sounds great, but my only hesitation would be with standing and eating anything that might be "messy"- like dripping BBQ sauce or whatnot. Especially when people are dressed up.

Sounds great!! Thank goodness it's lunch time!
    image 131 invited image 120 are ready to party! image 11 will miss the festivities! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kks4471kks4471 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Yummm, sounds great!  Just have a lot of napkins available!
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    MCTD31MCTD31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sounds delish...love the idea of the passed "mini" desserts, I've been thinking about tartlets in addition to the wedding cake for a little variety. Who are you using to cater? I just confirmed my menu with my caterer but I may have to add on some extra sweets now! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kpdorrkpdorr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Lucy Townsend out of Cooperstown- pretty far for the more westward weddings, but we are getting married in Cooperstown, so it is perfect!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards