Louisiana-New Orleans

City Park or Audubon Park ceremony?

Hi ladies,

I'm very interested in having my wedding ceremony at City or Audubon Park, however I haven't been able to reach anyone at either of those locations for info.  I'm an OOT bride.

Has anyone had experience with ceremonies at either of these locations?  I will only have 40-50 people, so wouldn't to the Peristyle.  I'm really liking the idea of the Tree of Life or similar type picturesque spot.  I know you really can't rent any locations at Audubon, and I also heard you cannot bring deco/chairs into the city park at random locations, such as what I'm considering.  Do you know if this is true?

Any insight would be appreciated!  We are coming down in a few weeks to scout and I'd like to come armed with as much information as possible. :)

Thanks for your help!

Re: City Park or Audubon Park ceremony?

• City Park is technically a state park, so they have permit requirements for things like having a professional take a picture there (although NOMA is separate, so you can take pictures on their steps), so I wouldn't doubt there are special rules about decorations (although I don't know this for a fact).  City Park people are usually easy to get a hold of, the exception being if they have an evening event or a lot of weekend events, I think they can take days off to compensate for that time.  
  • Remember the time of the year for your wedding. I like City Park better. Which is easier for your guests to get to ? Where is your reception going to be located. You have to take all those things into consideration.

Check out Galvez Restaurant as a venue it is a great place
    photographer www.tabbysshots.com
    videographer studio vieux carre
    urban earth design studios for florals or bella blooms
    royal cakery for your cake
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards