Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning

Morning!
  Yesterday was a pretty good day for me-low stress at school, made a new Thai tofu and broccoli recipe for dinner (yummy!), and went to aerobics.  Then I had to rush home and make a dessert for today's luncheon.  I decided on strawberry cream coffee bread-it looks good, so I hope it tastes ok!
  Today is my Friday:-)  I took off tomorrow because I have to go to Pittsburgh for my shower and to meet with many of my vendors to finalize plans!  I can't wait!
  Have a great day!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good Morning

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning,

Today, is my Friday too! I am heading to Pittsburgh tomorrow AM for my BFFs baby shower. Oh, speaking of baby showers, she had an etiquette questions, that I thought I'd ask you ladies... My friend received a few baby shower gifts at home and she was wondering the proper etiquette for addressing these. Should she address it? Just make a standard "and a big thank you to all of you who sent them to the House!"? Or acknowledge the actual people? Some of them will be attending the shower.

Thanks for any help!

Heather- Maybe I'll bump into you in Pittsburgh! :)

Have a great day!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    I actually got to go to the gym last night! It was nice to actually have time to myself. I'm also so happy that I don't have class tonight! wohoo! So I might go back over tonight :) Other than that, not much else!

Heather - ENJOY YOUR SHOWER!! Can't wait to hear all about it! And safe travels to Pittsburgh tomorrow! Also - your cake sounds great! Making me hungry - lol!

JL - No advice on the baby shower qu :( sorry! But I wanted to say enjoy your weekend in Pittsburgh and have a safe trip!! :) I wish I was going home this weekend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Heather-- somehow I read that you were going to plan your shower... sorry! HAVE A FANTASTIC SHOWER!!! I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!!!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning, and Happy Earth Day! The sun is starting to show through after the fog we had this morning- it's also going to be a pleasant 75 here. Cool We have lots of kids running around here today... at least they have some activities planned to contain them, lol.

H- I am jealous it's your Friday! Have a wonderful time at your shower- I'll look forward to hearing the details when you get back!

Jl- Have fun at your friends' baby shower. As far as acknowledging gifts received at home, in my non-expert opinion it's not necessary to say anything about them. I received a shower gift in the mail, but the person wasn't at the shower, so no experience with that. But if she was there, I don't think I would've said anything.

ETA: Maybe she could have these gifts out on display at the shower...

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  Oh man, I was out way too late last night and am dragging this AM :)  So much going on here!  We went out for margaritas and guac, then met up with friends for a quick dinner, then headed out to Brooklyn and stayed at the beer garden for toooo long.  It's my Friday, too!  I'm catching the last train to Connecticut tonight and will be at a grad school thing all weekend.  I'm sort of nervous!

H, what's your luncheon for?  Your dessert sounds yummy.  And what are you wearing for your shower on Saturday?  Are you really excited?  :)

JL, as per my FMIL- if the shower gift is sent to your home by someone who will be in attendance, you should bring the gift to the shower and open it there.  If the person is not in attendance, don't worry about bringing it or mentioning it.

G, doesn't gym time feel great after a long absence?  Glad you finally have some time to enjoy it!

Kim, is it take-your-daughter-to-work day?  Is it fun or crazy there? :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yep, it's "Take your child to work" day. Not too crazy yet, for the whole half hour I've been here. It seems like there are a lot of them though!

LaFemme- Hope you have a good weekend in CT- exciting! I'm sure it will go well. Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GM everyone.  I'm nervously pacing around as there has been an offer on the house we like and we haven't put our offer in yet as we were trying to wait to see the house a second time Sat when DH is home.  I called our realtor last night and this morning and I emailed her and no response yet.  I can make the offer myself today, but I need to know more info!  Grrrr.....I was up til 3am thinking about pros and cons. 

Kim - GL with the kids!

Heather/JL/LaFemme - safe travels!  Jen - are you headed to New Haven in CT?
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme - GL and enjoy your weekend in CT!! I hope it goes well! Also glad to hear you're enjoying NYC to the fullest!! :) And yes - getting to the gym feels AMAZING after a long time away! The only bad part is that I can't do 1/2 of the things that I was able to do a few months ago :( I got completely exhausted after 30 mins of running! ugh... I guess I have to re-build my endurance... One thing is for sure - I def have to get over there more often!!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bri, yep, headed to New Haven to meet my new classmates and hopefully find an apartment!  Ahhhh that's stressing me out a bit. 

What does your DH think about this other house?  Will you try to hurry up and put an offer in too?

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love New Haven, I've considered heading there for an LLM, but really I have enough letters after my name.  There are some great bars nearby.  Don't stress about the apartment, it will all work out.  What are you getting an advanced degree in?

DH likes this house as much as I do, but is wary of price.  It's most expensive home sold in the neighborhood for last 3 years.  He doesn't want to buy then outprice ourselves when we upgrade on our 5 year plan.  If I can get ahold of my realtor, I need to find out how serious other offer is, if seller's agreed to wait to consider til we offer saturday, etc.
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GM!  DF and I are going to get drinks and watch the Pens game tonight, I'm really excited about it!  Last night I spent time at Kohls touching and feeling all of the items I had registered for online (towels, rugs and spatulas Smile) All is well with the registries now, haha!

H and JL-Safe travels to PGH and enjoy your showers!

Bri-GL with the house, we too were in your situation!  In the end, we made an offer and took a second look a few days after.  Is the house in Wexford?  Surprisingly, Wexford is continuing to grow, in a few years the value of the neighborhood may go up?  You may not be pricing yourself too high for re-sale (just my 2 cents!)

GMC-YAY for getting back to the gym, I desperately need to. I'm having motivation issues.  I need a buddy, and when I was taking Zumba classes I was the youngest by at least 20+ years.

Have a great day!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooh house update.  The other offer has revived negotiations, so I am headed tonight to make an offer contingent on our second viewing saturday.  (meg you were so thinking along my lines).  I am also the same way about the gym.  My gym buddy is 7 months pregnant, so I haven't been since she got pregnant.  She walks outside now, and is afraid of my 4 lb dog (any thing breathing except humans frighten her) so I just walk Grigio now alone.  I need to go back too :-(
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Continued GL on the house, Bri! It sounds so complicated, but it'll be worth it in the end when you find the one!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Continued good luck!  I hope you like it as much when you see it again.

B, I'm going to business school to get my MBA, probably with a focus on nonprofit management and social enterprise.  Would you get your LLM for tax stuff if you went back?

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jamie-Yay for going to Pittsburgh!  Maybe we'll pass each other on the highway from Maryland:-)
    G-glad you made it to the gym, it always makes me feel so refreshed after I go.

Jen-Sounds like you had a fun night!  I'm still waiting to see pix from your shower!  I'm wear a super cute white halter dress that makes me feel like Marilyn Monroe HA!  I'll put up pictures next week.  Our luncheon is just a monthly thing we do at work to keep morale high-it was definitely yummy!

Kim-I bet Take your child to work day is fun, but a lot of extra work having all those kids running around.  At least it's a niec day out!

Bri- Good luck on the house, I hope they don't accept the other offer.

Megan-glad your registry is coming along and you got to "feel" everything at the store, so exciting!'

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards