Michigan-Grand Rapids
Options

Dress online??

Ok- so I know this sounds crazy, but I'm thinking of purchasing a dress online without first trying it on. I'm getting married outside and want a more flowy, destination wedding dress type deal. I've looked at so many places and just can't find what I'm looking for. I've located a couple dresses online, and even contacted the designer- but they cannot locate any of the styles I like within a reasonable driving distance. (But I did find them available for online order)
Have any of you ever done this? Am I crazy? I definitely have my doubts, and I would like to hear your opinion.  

Re: Dress online??

• Options
    akhensley81akhensley81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't do this, and honestly I've heard nothing but horror stories from people who have. I would really recommend that you keep trying to find something that you can try on first.

If you do buy online, triple check the return / exchange policy before you do. If the dress doesn't fit, or there's a problem with the dress, you'll want to make sure that they will help you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did it. Off craigslist no less, and my fiance went and picked it up for me... (it's a long distance thing). he brought along a friend to inspect it, make sure that's what I wanted, and then bought it cash and that was it.  I got to try it on today, and I'm in love, after waiting THREE WEEKS.  Although, I had tried on at least 20 dresses by this designer already, so I had a good idea of how it would fit.  I still need alterations, but this dress was a steal (about 1/3 of retail, and it had never even been out of the manufacture's box until the fiance bought it that day) and I couldn't pass it up.  I understand it's not for everybody, but I'm BEYOND pleased with my purchase. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards