May 2012 Weddings

BM gift help

Poll time!

I'm also getting "bridesmaid" tanks for the girls but I don't really consider that a gift, just something fun to wear the day of the wedding before we get ready.

I wish I could all three things for the girls but my budget is small and I can't decide which one is better! I would like either one of these things if it were me =)

The picture frames I make are like this...I would choose a different paper for each girl.
Photobucket

Re: BM gift help

• I like the GC idea.  The wristlet would be nice, but with a GC to their favorite place you guarentee that they will want it and use it!
  • I said Coach wristlet...because I think that is something most people wouldn't buy for themselves.  Its like a luxury thing (I can't even get my FI to buy me one despite years of hinting!).  I don't like giving gift cards because it feels less personal.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bm-gift-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7f3657d6-e7b6-46e3-be46-8582b3664ab3Post:726f94c0-223d-48bb-954e-8e7f49f4f215">Re: BM gift help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I said Coach wristlet...because I think that is something most people wouldn't buy for themselves.  Its like a luxury thing (I can't even get my FI to buy me one despite years of hinting!).  I don't like giving gift cards because it feels less personal.
    Posted by LuckyHeather[/QUOTE]

<div>i agree with this post, mostly because it's a bridal party gift, and you want to get them an actual gift.  (in my opinion)  </div><div>
    </div><div>after stressing about it i finally came to the conclusion that my BMs will appreciate the effort and thought that i put into choosing their gift, and if they don't end up using it all the time then that's ok, bc it got the point across that i love them and appreciate them... plus i'll probably never know if they never use their gift  :-P</div>
  • I voted for the Coach wristlet! I think that's a great idea & agree with PP that it is something people don't really buy for themselves, so they're nice to receive as a gift! Cute idea :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I voted for the wristlet, but it's really up to you since you know your girls best...get them what they would enjoy more.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • I got my girls Coach wristlets!  I subscribed to the Coach Outlet's website, and every month or so, they have an additional 30% off the lowest price sale.  I was able to get my wristlets for $27.00 a piece!  And, I did just the classic black C's, so you can't tell that it's "outdated" and that I bought it from the Outlet... just something to consider!

• I voted gift card, because that is what I am getting mine :)  I originally thought to get them a coach wristlet but 1 or 2 of my girls are definitely NOT coach girls.

So I am getting them a gift card to their favorite place to shop vs the same gift card for each girl.  I also got them a magnetic pad and pen from annetaintor.com (those old timey pics of women with captions like "I'm so happy its happy hour" "Make your own damn dinner" etc.)  I got them captions matching each of their personalities.  I also got them each a monogrammed makeup bag that I will put everything in.

Now for my 14 year old sister, I got her a coach bag.  She wouldnt be interested in the stuff I got for the other girls.  Coach outlet is having a sale right now for 48 hours and I got her a cute bag for $50.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the input ladies! I decided to go with Coach wristlets because it's more fun and since they are sale at the Coach Outlet....they are not much more expensive than I would have spent on the GCs.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards