Honeymoon Discussions
Options

December Wedding---HELP w/ Honeymoon!!

So our wedding is in December and im trying to plan a honeymoon. I wanted to go to Gatlinberg,TN in rent a cabin but I dont know if there is anything to do there during the Winter?!?! I wouldnt mind going to the beach but I actually think cuddling up by a fire sounds like so much more fun! So any ideas on where is a fun place to go during December that wont break my wallet tooooo bad?!?! Thanks for the Help! :)
<3 Molly

Re: December Wedding---HELP w/ Honeymoon!!

• Options

I think that sounds great.  Actually, my favorite time to go to Gatlinburg is during the winter!  Everything is decorated for Christmas with lights and it looks even more gorgeous when it snows.  I also enjoy browsing the boutique shops and eating comfort food.  I think your idea of getting a cabin sounds very romantic.  I would definitely get one with a private outdoor hot tub.  Every time I've been to Gatlinburg with friends we stayed in a cabin and made sure we had a hot tub.  We spent most of our time relaxing in the hot tub and watching the snow fall.  If you're looking for more activities to do while you're there, they have a really nice aquarium there that you could visit, and I also like the ski lift and space needle thing that takes you up high for better views of the mountains.  Hope this helps! 

• Options
    I don't know Gatlinburg, but we went to Nashville a couple of years ago and had a blast! Maybe spend some quiet time in Gatlinburg, split with music in Nashville? Nashville is really easy to walk around, there's really only a few blocks of "downtown", but so much to see and do if you like music. It's about a 5 hr drive, not sure if you are driving or flying.

If you are flying, just about any place you would want to sight see will have romantic places with fireplaces, usually a Bed & Breakfast. Even major cities like Washington DC, Boston, Savannah, Charleston, all of which are lovely during December with Xmas lights and holiday spirit.

Good luck. It sounds as though you are planning something really romantic.
  • Options
    I'm getting married in December and we're planning a Gatliburg, TN honeymoon!  It'll be beautiful with everything decorated for Christmas, and hopefully some snow (not too much).  We're going to rent a nice cabin and just do whatever we want when we get there.  I know the last night we're going to stay in Ashville, NC and go to the Biltmore Estate. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you for your help! I was beginning to get stressed out! I just want everything to be nice and for us to be able to have fun too! I think we have def settled on Gatlinburg. && We even found a perfect cabin too. I couldnt be more excited!! Thanks again and I hope all of you the best as well.  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards