Georgia-Atlanta

QOTD _ 9/17

Cake?  Hmmmmm....  So, what kind of cake are you having at your reception?  Traditional tiered cake, cupcakes, sheet cake, something else? 

Re: QOTD _ 9/17

• bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We had a traditional 3-tiered cake at our reception.  It was so good, I'm kinda still upset I only got to eat a little bit of it! lol 
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It'll be cupcakes with a single tier for us to cut.
  • Kidlet 26Kidlet 26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing a three tier with different flavors for each layer.  The bottom layer is Italian Cream, the second layer is chocolate and the top layer is strawberry.  It's going to be decorated with fresh flowers and Swiss dots. 
  • edited December 2011
    Traditional cake, and I want to be bad and smash it >:)
    Photobucket
  • dzjennadzjenna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a traditional three tier square cake.  I haven't ordered it yet, but it will most likely be red velvet.  
  • kxhamiltonkxhamilton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know! We were going *no cake* but now we're rethinking that. So I'm back to square one with this. *grumble, grumble* If we have one, it will probably be traditional tiered something or other.
  • edited December 2011
    3 tier for us!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • edited December 2011

3 tier for us!! still not sure on the flavors.
  • TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Traditional 3 tier cake.  Not sure what flavor.  I'd love to get different layers like strawberry cake, hazelnut or something like that.
  • pokepoke27pokepoke27 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm just going boring old traditional. But we're going to have a death by chocolate grooms cake for all those chocoholics out there, and for my favors I'm going to throw some personalized m&m's in a pretty box and put a piece of home made fudge on top. So there will be plenty of other sweets : )
  • ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    three tier top will be red velvet not sure about the  other two yet havent gotten to cakes yet.
  • adrianzbrideadrianzbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was a three-tier round with the bottom being chocolate/chocolate buttercream, the middle vanilla with Bailey's Irish Creme Mousse, and the top Chai with sour cream filling.  I liked the chai, which he made especially for me, but my favorite was probably the middle with the Bailey's.  That was really yummy.

Our grooms' cakes from Southern Sweets were somehow lost or stolen, but they were tiramisu cake and chocolate with peanut butter mousse. 

At the rehearsal dinner we had a caramel cake (YUMMY!) and chocolate ganache tart from Southern Sweets, also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards