Wedding Reception Forum

LAS VEGAS Reception dinner

I really need suggestions please.  Vegas has changed so much since being out there last.  i need a place that is not to expensive to have dinner after my wedding.  we are getting married at the flamingo at 11 am on a sunday and want to celebrate afterwards.  we dont want to do a buffet or something cheesy like that.  i thought about the place in the effiel tower, but that seems really pricy.  I do not know yet if my parents or paying for it or if we are telling the guests they have to.  is that tacky as well?

thanks!

Re: LAS VEGAS Reception dinner

• Yes, it would be incredibly tacky to have your guests pay for their meal for your reception.  Do not sent STDs or invite anyone until you know what your budget is.  If your parents have not offered to pay, then it is up to you guys.  Do not invite anyone if you can't afford to pay for their meal at the reception.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_las-vegas-reception-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:b63a41b3-c566-491b-86a7-90551b606244Post:c6729aa4-01e9-4043-a076-91ae13bec3fb">LAS VEGAS Reception dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really need suggestions please.  Vegas has changed so much since being out there last.  i need a place that is not to expensive to have dinner after my wedding.  we are getting married at the flamingo at 11 am on a sunday and want to celebrate afterwards.  we dont want to do a buffet or something cheesy like that.  i thought about the place in the effiel tower, but that seems really pricy. <strong> I do not know yet if my parents or paying for it or if we are telling the guests they have to.  is that tacky as well?</strong> thanks!
    Posted by jmsriane[/QUOTE]

Tacky is not the word.  Horribly rude is more like it.  Save yourself the embarrassment and pony up the cash for dinner.
    If your parents wont pay, you can always pay for it yourselves.  It is <em>your and FI</em> wedding after all.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• OP- i would post this on the local board we can help there as well :)
  • so you want to know if you have to host the dinner for the guests that pay for themselves to get to vegas for your wedding? really? what do you think? youre HOSTING a party for your guests to celebrate your wedding.

• Yes, definitely post restaurant questions on the Vegas board. But, if they tell you it is ok to not pay for everybody's meal, don't listen to them. They are wrong.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i dont appericate everyone being so rude about it.  we told people from the start expenses are on them, if they come they come.  we are looking to pay for the wedding party, the parents, and grandparents but that is it.  We have to draw a line here.  i have been to weddings where you have to pay for you own meal.  we told the people who come that this a vacation trip for people who want to come.  i just started back to work and money is not something we can just throw around.
  • You asked if it was tacky to make your guests pay for their own dinner. It is. If you don't have money to throw around, you shouldn't be planning a destination wedding. Host something you can afford.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_las-vegas-reception-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:b63a41b3-c566-491b-86a7-90551b606244Post:23db672a-2db2-4c30-9ed7-636fdb7fed50">Re: LAS VEGAS Reception dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]You asked if it was tacky to make your guests pay for their own dinner. It is. If you don't have money to throw around, you shouldn't be planning a destination wedding. Host something you can afford.
    Posted by afeliz79[/QUOTE]

that is what we can afford, its actually cheaper thank you very much
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_las-vegas-reception-dinner?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:b63a41b3-c566-491b-86a7-90551b606244Post:f13075bc-50bd-4ae7-8ee0-6ccc3078b044">Re: LAS VEGAS Reception dinner</a>:
    [QUOTE]i dont appericate everyone being so rude about it.  we told people from the start expenses are on them, if they come they come.  we are looking to pay for the wedding party, the parents, and grandparents but that is it.  We have to draw a line here. <strong> i have been to weddings where you have to pay for you own meal</strong>.  we told the people who come that this a vacation trip for people who want to come.  i just started back to work and money is not something we can just throw around.
    Posted by jmsriane[/QUOTE]

the bolded line-just fing sad. it also doesn't make it the right thing to do!!!

i'm not sure why you are here asking if it's rude if you've clearly already made up your mind and have obvously taken the awful example of 'ive been to weddings like tbat before' to your advantage here.

if you just started back to work and can't pay for it then why not wait until you can and do it the right way? i seriously doubt any of us have money to throw around on here so that's no excuse. it's called planning and saving.

• In Response to Re:LAS VEGAS Reception dinner:[QUOTE]that is what we can afford, its actually cheaper thank you very much Posted by jmsriane[/QUOTE] Cheaper than what? I find it hard to believe that flights, hotel, and assorted other travel costs for you and your FI are more affordable than hosting a dinner for your guests to thank them for coming to your wedding. Having a DW is fine, having a small guest list is fine, but you'll need to host your guests either way.

photo fancy-as-fuck.jpg
  • we found a solution. thanks for the harsh input from some people. maybe some people should put themselves in other peoples shoes before passing such judgement.  there is a nicer way to say things.
  • Hi JM, Where did you end up going? How was it?  I am planning for April 2014 and would appreciate your input!

• MissJax2013, come to the Vegas board! If you're just starting to plan start with @VegasGroom's website. There are loads of us planning for April :)
  • jmsriane said:

I really need suggestions please.  Vegas has changed so much since being out there last.  i need a place that is not to expensive to have dinner after my wedding.  we are getting married at the flamingo at 11 am on a sunday and want to celebrate afterwards.  we dont want to do a buffet or something cheesy like that.  i thought about the place in the effiel tower, but that seems really pricy.  I do not know yet if my parents or paying for it or if we are telling the guests they have to.  is that tacky as well?

thanks!

Where's the option of you and your FI paying for it?  You can't make your guests pay for their own food.  Christ on a cracker.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jmsriane said:
    i dont appericate everyone being so rude about it.  we told people from the start expenses are on them, if they come they come.  we are looking to pay for the wedding party, the parents, and grandparents but that is it.  We have to draw a line here.  i have been to weddings where you have to pay for you own meal.  we told the people who come that this a vacation trip for people who want to come.  i just started back to work and money is not something we can just throw around.
    You are rude.  End of story.  This is some of the rudest shit I've ever heard on TK.  Here's an idea - don't invite people if you can't host them.  It's really easy.  You just don't.  invite.  them.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @grumbledore - this thread is over a year old so I am thinking that jmsriane has already gone and had her incredibly rude and poorly planned wedding reception.

• jmsriane said:
    In Response to Re: LAS VEGAS Reception dinner:
    You asked if it was tacky to make your guests pay for their own dinner. It is. If you don't have money to throw around, you shouldn't be planning a destination wedding. Host something you can afford.
    Posted by afeliz79
    that is what we can afford, its actually cheaper thank you very much
    Of course it's cheaper, the guests are paying for their own thank you gift.  ZOMG YAY!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh damn zombie thread.  Fuck.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ROFL, this was a great thread though.  "we dont want to do a buffet or something cheesy like that." but we do want to make our guests pay for their own food lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards