Florida-Central Florida
Options

I have an interview!!!

So... I have an interview for that community assistant job I posted about around a month ago. The interview is on Friday and I don't know when I will find out if I got the job or not, but I will let you know if I do!

Any advice or final words. lol. I get a chance to ask questions so I need to think them up too, but I know one or two so far.

Re: I have an interview!!!

• Options
    andee1353andee1353 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wishing you lots and lots of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yay!!  good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good luck! In my human resource management class my teacher (he also is the human resource manager for the university and teaches 1 class a semester) said that an impressive question to ask in an interview is "how are employees evaluated?" That's all the advice i have!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    good luck dear!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Make sure to ask questions, prepare more than you think you need in case they answer the ones you have during the interview. I always carry a portfolio with questions so that I don't forget them.

Good luck I am sure you will do great!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Think of one or two anecdotes that you can draw on if they ask you about "a time in your life where you encountered (fill in the blank) type of problem."  If you think of one good one, you can pretty much alter it to fit no matter what they ask you about.  Make sure it either showcases something you learned or how you worked well in a team.  They love that crap :)   I like the evaluation question too ... that's a good one.  Good luck!  You'll do great!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay, good luck!

Send a Thank You note the next day - works like a charm!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you girls for the well wishes and advice!!! I will definitely be coming with a sheet of questions to ask them and a couple anecdotes to pull from. I know they love to ask those "how did you handle that kind of situation" questions. And I just might have to send a thank you card! I really want this job! lol.

I might have to make a poll on what to wear... hahah
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you def need to put a hand written thank you note in the mail the next day, but when you get home send a brief thank you e-mail (don't say exactly the same thing in the note and e-mail).
    thank you notes are often forgetton but very important for many things!
  • Options
    thedrvalthedrval member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I completely agree with the pp! A thank you note for allowing you the opportunity to interview with them is a great gesture and comes across as very mature. 

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wishing you lots of luck.  I agree with pp.  Always have a list of questions prepared.  A lot of interviewers ask at the end if you have any additional questions so it is good to have some prepared to ask at the end.

You will do great!  Let us know how it goes!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  I totally agree about sending a thank you note... it makes quite an impression.
  • Options
    cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!

Make sure to speak CLEARLY and ask them questions like "what made you want to work here", etc. I know you will do well! Good luck :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! Good luck! You're going to do great! Just be yourself and confident in your abilitites! Congrats on the interview! Knock 'em dead girl! <3
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll cross my fingers for you!! I also really love the idea of a Thank you card.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards