September 2012 Weddings
Options

need knottie vibes

I interviewed today for a great job working for the city and it would pay more and has better benefits then where I currently work. They seemed to like really like me and I felt really comfortable. They said they had over 100 applicants and were only interviewing 5 so that was pretty amazing that I got an interview. It is in accounting field but I would still get to work with the public and I feel I have alot of the skills they wanted but would learn alot too. I am just over working for where I currently work full time as the admin assistant. The place I currently work has alot of drama. Plus with the new job I would have 3 day weekends since the city does not work on fridays and I would also get holidays off. With fridays off I then could be at the dance studio more-love the idea. I have applied for some other jobs as well have interviews next week for a couple-but I really want this one.

On top of my job hunt my FI has decided he may want to start a new career and is currently talking to our freind who is a police officer since there is an opening. He thinks I will freak out if he becomes a police officer but I just want him to have a job he loves and looks forward to doing every day if that is a police officer or fireman so be it. I keep reassuring him of this and he thinks I am just saying that and when it comes down to him actually getting placed then I will be upset. I told him as long as it was not a smoke jumper or crab fishermen or ice trucker I would be fine as long as he was happy. 

Re: need knottie vibes

• Options

Good vibes your way!

My FI recently decided to become a police officer too!  By nature I am a HUGE worrier.  So he was worried I would be worried and not like the idea too.  For one, you need to convince him you are on board with it before he goes thru the app process because they do ask that a lot if your family/spouse supports, including on the polygraph.  They think it is important for a stable officer.  So he has to know so he can truthfully say "yes they support me."  How I explained it to my FI was this (feel free to use any of this if this is how you feel or gives you perspective)

1. I want you to be happy going to work and coming from work.  It is a lot easier on both of us when we are both happy.  I'm going to worry no matter if you are on SWAT or running out to get milk.  So do what you love.

2. I personally believe we all have our time to "go."  So whether it is on duty or sitting at a desk of some job you hate, it is going to happen regardless.  At least if you are on duty, the department will take care of me/us (if we have kids) because of the benefits offered and that it is a big brotherhood.

3.  You can't beat the benefits/pension/perks etc.  AND I find it to be an incredible noble job that is to be admired.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards