Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Bad bad bad news (sorry, long post)

I got an email from my boss this afternoon asking me to call him. I was at a party so I couldn't call him, so I texted him and asked if everything was ok. He said that he had decided to change the way he was currently operating the business and that he wanted to let me know what had transpired so far and how everyone was going to be impacted. I immediately thought I was being fired, FI said no way, so I asked him if my position was being eliminated. He said "the short answer is yes". I'm devastated. HE explain that  currently there is not enough business in house to support my salary. He said ideally this would be temporary, but he doesn't know if the sales staff will be able to generate the kind of business to support a full time marketing person. He wants me to possibly do some contract work, which I don't know how I would pay my bills with just that.... He said that these last 3 months were the worst in the history of the company and that he is very disappointed that they were not able to adequately support my position, and that I am a bright star!
I'm supposed to call him tomorrow, but I don't even know what to say. I don't know if Monday is my last day or what. This never happened to me before, I feel so lost!  And I'm so embarrassed to tell my friends and family. This is such bad timing too with the wedding and me having to pay almost $3K on taxes before the 17th.
Sorry for the long post, I just need to vent and I don't want anyone else to know about it yet. I'm really lost at this point Cry
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bad bad bad news (sorry, long post)

• Options
    O I am so sorry!  That is horrible news and such crappy timing!  Sending lots of knottie vibes that things will work out for you!  

***Hugs***

Our Wedding- June 15, 2012- Jamaica
    imageAnniversary

Samantha's Bio~Updated 5/15/12

DW Siggy Website
  • Options
    That is terrible, I am so sorry!!!  What an aweful way to tell you, not even face to face and to ruin your weekend.  Praying that this will turn out for the best.  Sometimes God closes doors to lead you to better opportunities.
  • Options
    Thanks for the support girls. He has to do it by phone though, he lives in Florida. Apparently my other boss from here is gonna be a contractor too. Lots of changes. I'm upset too because I left my other job to work for them and now they can't afford me :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Aww i am so sorry to hear that!  I hope things work out for the best...knottie vibes coming your way!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry.  I'm sending major knottie vibes your way.  I've been in this position before, and it BLOWS.  We're here for you.
  • Options
    I am so sorry to hear this, and that's definitely horrible timing! Sending vibes that everything will work out for you asap to eliminate stress!!!
  • Options
    jtolyjtoly member
    First Comment
    Omg I'm so sorry. I hope things turn around or you find something soon. Knottie vibes to you.
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Oh no, I am so sorry this happened to you right now ! Major knottie vibes coming your way
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Wow you are in my prayers
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OMG Im so sorry to hear this.. :(  What terrible news!!  Hope everything ends up working itself out!  HUGS!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm so sorry to hear this!  Definitely spend some time today pulling your resume together and getting ready to start the search.  It sounds like you've got plenty of great skills, so it's just a matter of finding the right job.  Knottie vibes & all the best of luck!
  • Options
    OH NO Marcia!!!  That's horrible news :(  I'm soooo sorry this is happening to you.  Try to think positive and keep your head up.  It does sound like you have a great background, I'm sure that will help you land a great position quickly.

I know the timing isn't ideal, but maybe you will find something better.

Sending vibes your way....
    Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
    The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all the great vibes. I'm still in shock and I'm not sure what's gonna happen. I really was enjoying my job. Hopefully I will get some type of severance pay so I can at least afford my bills. We are paying for the wedding ourselves and I hope nothing gets affected. Keep sending the good vibes! You guys are the best!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this. Fingers crossed it all works out for the better. Any chance of you going back to your old position? I remember them not wanting to lose you.
  • Options
    kinda new and browsing on this board .... ,then i read ur post .... my wedding is 3 weeks from today .... on april 22, 2012 ... and on march 22,2012 i was laid off from a company that i had worked for for over 12 years ... so i COMPLETELY understand what you are going thru and how u feel .... at first i was in complete shock ... flipping out ... have a wedding to pay for in a few weeks ... final payments due ... bills due ... honeymoon bill coming ... just everything piling on top of each other ...

the best advice i can give you ... being that i am goign thru the same thing ... is that things happen for a reason ... and when one door closes another one opens ... since ive been laid off ... i have been able to concentrate on the small details of my life that i wanted to get in order .... maybe it was a weird way of someone telling me to slow down and concentrate on ur own life rather then everything else ... trust me ... i know this advice is not the easiest to take or understand right now ... but it will be when u gt over the shock part of it ...

dont feel embarassed to tell ur friends and family ... they are ur support system and want to help you thru the good times and the bad ... and use ur fiance as ur crutch too ... my fiance said to me the night i came home hysterical crying "this was a blessing in disguise u wont realize it now ... just wait ... youll see what i mean" ... and he was 100000000 times right ... 

keep ur head up ... there are more opportunites out there then one would think ...

like i said earier ... when one door closes ... another one opens ... 

i hope you start feeling better ... 

and keep ur head up!!! im sorry that someone else is having to go thru exactly what i am .... just think ... at least it wasnt 4 weeks before ur wedding with ur budget and all contracts set in stone LOLOL 

if u need to chat ... pm me .. 
    IlanaandDanWedding291of1402Anniversary
  • Options
    I am really sorry to hear about this especially with the wedding coming up. Take a day or two and recollect yourself and go from there. I have been laid off before too and I understand what you are going through. Hang in there and remember that we are all here for you!!
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I completely agree with carl425, Marcia! File for unemployment in the mean time, and just get moving toward something better! Do not let this keep you down!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So so sorry to hear this!! Sometimes things fall apart so better things can fall together. **hugs**
    ~*~ Ask me about DW Knottie of the Day and Nestie of the Day! ~*~

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry Marcia.  I am sure there is something bigger and better just waiting for you around the corner.  It sounds like you are good at your job and there must be someone out there looking for someone just like you! 
    imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards