West Virginia

WV Honeymoon Ideas

My fiance and I are getting married in August and would like to stay somewhere in WV. He normally goes hunting in Hillsboro and it is beautiful out there. If anyone could give me suggestions as to locations, places to stay, we would prefer somewhere near activities (hiking, white water rafting, caves, etc.). Any suggestions would be great! Thanks!!

Re: WV Honeymoon Ideas

• criley21criley21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Smoke hole caverns has some cute cozy cabins to stay at and the scenery is gorgeous!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia_wv-honeymoon-ideas?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:132Discussion:0e245c7c-08c6-404d-8eec-c90a289447d8Post:12a4ae08-85c1-4982-902d-56a3e7add0a8">Re: WV Honeymoon Ideas</a>:
    [QUOTE]Smoke hole caverns has some cute cozy cabins to stay at and the scenery is gorgeous!!
    Posted by criley21[/QUOTE]

I agree, Smoke hole Caverns is a great place to get away. The cabins are cozy and private. They usually run discounts too. I know the last time we went, they gave us a discount because we paid cash. Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • edited December 2011
    Some of the ski resorts like Snowshoe, Winterplace, Timberline, and Canaan Valley are all options. They all have other activities and great places to stay during the off season.You could also try the Seneca Rocks area.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards